Turn on thread page Beta

What's your skincare routine / Which products do you use? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasminkattan)
    All the fancy, expensive stuff is a rip-off and not worth it at all in my opinion. They also tend to be harsh and full of chemicals so make my skin horrible anyway.

Honey once every two days,
    Tea tree oil moisturiser morning and evening,
    Coconut oil and sugar scrub when I feel like I need it.
    I agree, I don't like to spend a lot of money on products for the same reason. I like using natural products which not only are better for your skin but not nearly as much money. I use Witch Hazel to cleanse and coconut oil to moisturize.

ReputationRep:
    I usually just use a make up wipe but sometimes if have a few spots then I will use my Cetaphil face foam wash for oily skin. Leaves my face feeling smooth as a baby
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Morning:
    -good things stay clear purifying cleanser (washing)
    -simple moisturiser (not sure of its actual name)

Evening:
    -neutrogena visibly clear spot clearing face wash
    -good things deep clean blackhead exfoliator
    -simple toner (again don't know it's actual name)
    -simple moisturiser

Once a week:
    -superdrug witch hazel clay mask

I've always had pretty bad skin but because of exams I have a) stopped wearing makeup and b) started drinking a lot more water, both of which have been amazing for my skin! It is by no means good but it is a hell of a lot better than it was so I'm definitely going to keep it up
    Also a few months ago my skin type completely changed from really oily to really dry and now it's kind of regulated although I still get some dry patches. I'm just waiting for the day when I don't have to worry about my skin anymore!!

ReputationRep:
    Not got much of one - depends on how much I can be bothered.

Always wash my face with some sort of foam, can't remember what it even is. Tea tree moisturiser most of the time. With hazel gel for spots (but it's doing nothing. I'm pretty much just applying it because I love the smell now...). Sometimes eye brightening cream (don't know what it does, exactly...), sometimes this Dead Sea face mask (which just brings out spots!) and sometimes pore gel. Basically it does NOTHING for my skin. I've got spots, more than ever now because I'm so stressed all the time, changing my diet does nothing, spot cream does nothing, even trying to lift my fringe from my forehead does nothing.

Sigh.

ReputationRep:
    Feel the cool splash of the ocean waves every time you use the Under The Ocean Light Body Lotion brought to you by Nyassa. The freshness of the strong aquatic fragrance elevates your mood in a jiffy. This body lotion with its Seaweed Extracts and Jojoba Oil acts as an excellent moisturiser. It the Best Body Moisturizer For Dry Skin also.

ReputationRep:
    Atm I’m using tea tree facial scrub and Nivea cream/or some simple moisturiser if I’m going out but tbh I don’t wear anything on my face when I’m at home. I try to apply Aloe Vera Gel on my face every night after washing my face. I have rose water which I’m supposed to apply as a toner or something but the last time I used that was about 2 months ago :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Ok so generally, I use Lush's Ultrabland as a cleanser (and moisturiser) or Soap and Glory's Peaches and Clean cleanser. Sometimes I will use Lush's Let The Good Times Roll as a cleanser if my skin is particularly tired or it needs a scrub (it has polenta which softly scrubs the skin). For a toner I use Lush's Tea Tree Water which is so nice!! If I haven't used Ultrabland I will normally use Garnier's Moisture Radiance Gel Moisturiser because I love the texture and it works so well with my skin I have a tester of Lush's Gorgeous moisturiser but it's quite rich and I honestly prefer the Garnier one because it's kinder to my skin (and my purse!!). I don't normally get loads of spots, just the odd one, but at the moment I have a few on my chin and one by my nose. For this, I use Lush's Grease Lightning which is a life saver. If ever I want to use a face mask, I have 3, all from Lush (woops can you tell I'm a bit obsessed?!). One is the Catastrophe Cosmetic face mask which I like a lot and it's great for skin with spots, but it can be quite crumbly. My two favourites are the jelly face masks, which I have in Fomo and Bunny Moon I LOVE them, as they are fun to apply, feel nice on the skin and washing them off is such a treat!! If you haven't tried Lush skincare before I would 10/10 recommend it
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    My morning skincare routine starts with cleansing. I use The Body Shop's Seaweed gel wash or Boots Tea Tree with Witch Hazel Foaming face wash. As I have oily skin a face wash is better for me than a cleanser. I then add a serum, I use The Ordinary Alpha Alburtin 2% + Ha. Finally, I moisturise with The Body Shop's Seaweed lotion spf 15.

In the evening, I remove my make up with the same face wash as the morning. I then use a toner which is again from The Body Shop's Seaweed collection(this collection is for combination/oily skin). The toner makes sure all traces of make up has been removed. I then use the morning serum again and then moisturise with the Boots Botanics All Brightening night cream.

ReputationRep:
    all i do is wash my face with warm water and moisturise with steam cream (which is expensive but totally worth it), then once a week ill do a face mask of some kind
    also, during particularly spotty times, i like to use some african black soap, its really good for clearing up skin, but can dry it out if used too often
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I used to use the Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair for about 1 month and go no real lasting results. It just did not work. My dermatologist instead recommended the Somaluxe Rapid Line Filler (it was about $5 more expensive than Neutrogena), but WORTH IT. Looking in the mirror each day I felt that I really could tell a difference using the Somaluxe Rapid Line Filler. I have been using it for two weeks now, and my wrinkle lines have filled in. Im sorry - i really wanted to like Neutrogena, but for $5 more, you can actually get a product that works and the results last longer.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, can anyone recommend products for combination/oily skin please?

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.