Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by thatnerdygirl001)
I thought it was really hard!
Like focus groups wtf?
And what was the first question? I didn't understand
9 markers didn't have options .. Made it harder
I think for focus groups they can get specific ideas and then find out whats good or not and hence, whether or not people like it. Alternatively, they could get some sort of response and they could change the product and then see if theres any demand for it, and what was the first question? And lastly, the last nine marker was just common sense I think, I put relocate or reduce costs, but I agree it was slightly harder. I found it okay, some people found it very easy. Hope A* is 46-48
Mollsbarks
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by thatnerdygirl001)
I thought it was really hard!
Like focus groups wtf?
And what was the first question? I didn't understand
9 markers didn't have options .. Made it harder
Righhht? I had no idea what to put for the last question so i kinda just went with bonuses to motivte workers and counteract incentives from competitor businesses. Did you get £7500 for the calculation question about profit?
NM306
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The paper was quite good overall in my opinion. The 9 markers were pretty easy and although the last one didn't have options, it was a simple marketing mix question. Yeah, I got £7500 for the calculations.
Mollsbarks
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by NM306)
The paper was quite good overall in my opinion. The 9 markers were pretty easy and although the last one didn't have options, it was a simple marketing mix question. Yeah, I got £7500 for the calculations.
Couldn't you have put giving bonuses or monetary benefits to employees, and thus reducing incentives for them to leave to competitor companies (like 2 already had), resulting in a lower staff turnover and more motivated workers so more quality work is done? For the last question, i mean.
1jonam16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Mollsbarks)
Couldn't you have put giving bonuses or monetary benefits to employees, and thus reducing incentives for them to leave to competitor companies (like 2 already had), resulting in a lower staff turnover and more motivated workers so more quality work is done? For the last question, i mean.
yeh I think you can argue anything, so the question was nice. I talked about relocation personally and also making prices cheaper
NM306
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes you definitely could have, it's a relevant point as long as you explained how it motivates staff and how this leads to higher quality and better productivity.
jazib184
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Any unofficial mark scheme?
NM306
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That may take a long time to produce, just ask the specific questions you had trouble with and we can give our thoughts on it.
thatnerdygirl001
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Righhht? I had no idea what to put for the last question so i kinda just went with bonuses to motivte workers and counteract incentives from competitor businesses. Did you get £7500 for the calculation question about profit?
No I feel so stupid I got 9750 !!! Because I did it all right then I done 50 x 50 was 250 not 2500 so stupid , I had a calculator as well
NM306
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I forget how many marks that question was but you will still get working out marks, and everyone makes a few mistakes so don't give up too early. I think you can pose around 20 marks for this paper and still get A* as long as your coursework is really good.
NM306
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
*lose
1jonam16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by NM306)
I forget how many marks that question was but you will still get working out marks, and everyone makes a few mistakes so don't give up too early. I think you can pose around 20 marks for this paper and still get A* as long as your coursework is really good.
No you can only lose 10-12 marks realistically and about 15 for an A
LiamCollins
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think I said for focus groups that you'll be able to see demand for the product. You can also assess the good point and bad points about your product and adjust them as potential customers give their views
1jonam16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by LiamCollins)
I think I said for focus groups that you'll be able to see demand for the product. You can also assess the good point and bad points about your product and adjust them as potential customers give their views
Exactly what I put, though they asked how can demand be assessed, so not too sure if we were right in saying adjust the product. Though, sometimes the questions are poorly worded and perhaps instead, they are asking the advantages of focus groups. Hopefully we get at least 4/6 marks.
Sfhkh
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My teacher went through the answers.

Furniture company had to put what the salary and job was on the contract

Question about Corporation Tax ... Answer Government
Question on a communication method and how it may be a disadvantage ..... Answer Email
Disadvantage Some people may not have access to the internet.

Monetary methods (Democratic Leader) .... The employee will have a chance to see what its like to be higher up in the hierarchy as a leader which will motivate staff to work harder to achieve these goals.

Question on Rob being paid by the piece rate scheme ..... It's motivating and encourages productivity.

Last question was about a job advertisement being legal and effective .... Answer no the job advertisement was in fact sexist, biased and discriminating

I can only remember some of the questions .
1jonam16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sfhkh)
My teacher went through the answers.

Furniture company had to put what the salary and job was on the contract

Question about Corporation Tax ... Answer Government
Question on a communication method and how it may be a disadvantage ..... Answer Email
Disadvantage Some people may not have access to the internet.

Monetary methods (Democratic Leader) .... The employee will have a chance to see what its like to be higher up in the hierarchy as a leader which will motivate staff to work harder to achieve these goals.

Question on Rob being paid by the piece rate scheme ..... It's motivating and encourages productivity.

Last question was about a job advertisement being legal and effective .... Answer no the job advertisement was in fact sexist, biased and discriminating

I can only remember some of the questions .
Wrong exam mate, this is AQA Gcse
Sfhkh
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 1jonam16)
Wrong exam mate, this is AQA Gcse
Lol :rofl: I just realised oops wrong exam board
reggienbollie1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do you guys think for the builder question- give a fringe benefit (2), could u say company car? Some of my mates have said maybe its wrong as he's a small sized business although i dont recall it saying that. I just remember it saying he does small to medium sized jobs. Do you think it'll be accented?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (197)
29.98%
The paper was reasonable (267)
40.64%
Not feeling great about that exam... (112)
17.05%
It was TERRIBLE (81)
12.33%

Watched Threads