claireestelle
  • Volunteer Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
as in the title
Basically i ve decided to sell my old laptop on ebay, but need a suggestion of which courier to use, normally i would try yodel but after seeing the documentary where they threw fragile labelled things onto vans i know its too much of a risk to use them for this, and hermes will just lose it.
Ladybird78
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
as in the title
Basically i ve decided to sell my old laptop on ebay, but need a suggestion of which courier to use, normally i would try yodel but after seeing the documentary where they threw fragile labelled things onto vans i know its too much of a risk to use them for this, and hermes will just lose it.
I like using Click and Collect- They appear to be reliable, fast and postage is affordable
claireestelle
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ladybird78)
I like using Click and Collect- They appear to be reliable, fast and postage is affordable
I ll look into that
__0__
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anyone other than:

Yodel
MyHermes
HDNL

Personally, I recommend DPD, as they're the nicest ones ever, and will arrange to pick up and deliver, unlike some, who just turn up
claireestelle
Rep:
?
(Original post by __0__)
Anyone other than:

Yodel
MyHermes
HDNL

Personally, I recommend DPD, as they're the nicest ones ever, and will arrange to pick up and deliver, unlike some, who just turn up
I thought DPD only worked for business, if they do personal parcels that's brilliant news
__0__
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I thought DPD only worked for business, if they do personal parcels that's brilliant news
You know what, it might be, I only ever deal with parcels from a business perspective (usually customer end). If they're not an option, then I'd say go with DHL.

If you want to cover yourself, mark it fragile using fragile tape, and slap one of these bad boys on it: http://www.packability.co.uk/Shockwa...icators-Labels then tell the recipient that it's got a ShockWatch sticker, and ask them to verify it hasn't been activated before signing for the parcel
claireestelle
Rep:
?
(Original post by __0__)
You know what, it might be, I only ever deal with parcels from a business perspective (usually customer end). If they're not an option, then I'd say go with DHL.

If you want to cover yourself, mark it fragile using fragile tape, and slap one of these bad boys on it: http://www.packability.co.uk/Shockwa...icators-Labels then tell the recipient that it's got a ShockWatch sticker, and ask them to verify it hasn't been activated before signing for the parcel
I'll definetly mark it with tape but although it seems like a brilliant idea those labels are worth more than the item itself unfortunately.
__0__
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'll definetly mark it with tape but although it seems like a brilliant idea those labels are worth more than the item itself unfortunately.
Oops, didn't notice that they were multipacks, maybe contact that company and ask if you can sample/buy just one?
eden3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah DPD is really good, my brother has sent my loads of stuff through them including an airer and a TV.

All came in perfect condition and fairly quickly
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
DPD i've found fine and ofc UPS, who i think are the best.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (67)
22.64%
The paper was reasonable (128)
43.24%
Not feeling great about that exam... (53)
17.91%
It was TERRIBLE (48)
16.22%

Watched Threads