Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey there,

Is there any mature students heading to manchester met this September? I am 28 and will be staying in halls! Really excited but also nervous as hope I don't stick out, I am really fun and think I look fairly young, but would love to meet any other oldies like me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What campus will you be at?

ReputationRep:
    Birley I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am based in Crewe, here there are lots of mature students. So I would not worry about fitting in. My advise is be yourself! People ask me why am I at university now as a mature student. I just tell the truth - a career change. It is not going to be all 18 year old students! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I'm 30 () and will be starting Biomed at mmu in Sept. Be cool to meet some other mature students.

ReputationRep:
    Will you be living in halls or travelling in? I just applied for birley. So excited.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hevh)
    Will you be living in halls or travelling in? I just applied for birley. So excited.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hopefully living in private halls. The idea of living with 5 or 6 18 year olds sounds like hell to me haha. Hoping and have been told that private halls are a lot quieter.

ReputationRep:
    Haha I'm confirmed for birley vines. I'm 28 I'm hoping there will be a mix but if not it's not the end of the world

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.