Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I wrote a bad comment in a blank space under the last question because I had 10 mins left:

It read: "**** you, Please give me my Grade C now!"

I then added a smile face like "=D"

I feel that the marker might get to that and be like "**** you, I giving you the D"

ReputationRep:
    I hope this isn't true. You might sabotage your chance of getting that C grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2016_GCSE)
    I wrote a bad comment in a blank space under the last question because I had 10 mins left:

I feel that the marker might get to that and be like "**** you, I giving you the D"
    Top bloke. It'll be fine especially if you provide him with your urine sample

ReputationRep:
    No. Although it was stupid, if your answers are correct you should still get the grade you deserve

ReputationRep:

Was it outside the box?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    They will just think you are an immature little oik. If you were on a grade bounday and they were having a bad day or bored I can imagine them giving you a D for a laugh.

ReputationRep:
    Well, the good news is that your exam paper all gets scanned into a computer and then sent to different examiners. Each marks a question of your paper, without knowing who's it was, so it is unlikely you will loose marks. The computer compiles the scores of all questions and gives a final mark, so if an examiner was feeling harsh, you would only loose marks on the question that you wrote it on, not the whole paper..!

For future reference, don't p*ss of the person marking your exams, be rude to the person who cooks your food or offensive to law enforcement officials. Just a tip.

ReputationRep:
    We've always been told that defacing your exam paper means they won't mark it. I don't know if that's true, but I would advise against doing similar things in the future.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    im not sure but if they do see it, you might get one that act like the comment is directed personally at them and will contact the school :P i wrote a story in my eng lang paper and the examiner marked it as ''disturbing'' even though it was written with 8/10 good grammar/spelling but i still got a D for it. i resat to show them i'm good in english and got A* for that unit. sometimes you're just unlucky to get an examiner who was born mad their whole life

ReputationRep:

You're defo gonna get a U for that

ReputationRep:
    I was just bored, So I thought: Why not?

ReputationRep:
    Why the hell did you write that.... in 10 minutes you can change your grade you know...

ReputationRep:
    They usually ignore anything not written in the lines, if you wrote it in the lines and it isn't relevant they should ignore it. It depends on what kind of person is marking it and their mood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ikhan94)
    Why the hell did you write that.... in 10 minutes you can change your grade you know...
    I'm sure it wasn't all that bad. I answered all the questions and got bored ya know.

ReputationRep:
    Since it was kind of agressive, I can't be sure, But if it gives you any consolation, me and my friend both wrote please mark generously on an exam and got A*s.

ReputationRep:
    if it's outside the box, they won't even see it and it doesn't change what you wrote. your answers will still be worthy of all potential marks

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.