Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Due to personal and family issues I was forced to drop out of university in 2013 before the start of third year. I applied to a London University through clearing at the time and started a new course from year 1. I am now thinking to apply for graduate entry medicine and I really do not want to bring up the whole thing with being a drop out. Is there a way that I can just not mention this on my application? i do not want to lie but I just prefer not to talk about it.

Will universities find out about my fist degree if I didn't mention it? And if I did mention it, would it let down my application?

I need advice. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure how much appears on the UCAS application but it might be a problem for student finance. I'm fairly certain if you have achieved a 1st or 2:i in the degree you completed then you would be eligible to apply to medicine. I think every medical school has a policy where they won't accept students who dropped out of a medical degree but it might not be a problem if it was a different subject. Just email admissions for an accurate answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quilverine)
    I'm not sure how much appears on the UCAS application but it might be a problem for student finance. I'm fairly certain if you have achieved a 1st or 2:i in the degree you completed then you would be eligible to apply to medicine. I think every medical school has a policy where they won't accept students who dropped out of a medical degree but it might not be a problem if it was a different subject. Just email admissions for an accurate answer.
    Hi thanks for your reply. I actually submitted mitigating circumstances and was funded fully for my second degree by student finance, I will call them tomorrow and find out whether it would be a problem in terms of funding.

Good idea I will defo call universities to find out more.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.