Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

16 + Age restrictions at Scala, Kings Cross? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I really want to go to Scala on June the 21st to see Aluna George with my friend. It's stated that the event is 16+ and my friend is 16 and by the time of the event, I will only be 3 weeks underage.

I've been to concerts at places like O2 Kentish Town Forum and O2 Shepards Bush and even SSE Arena when the age limit was 16+ and they did not check.

Has anyone had experience of Scala? Do you think I'll be okay? Do you think they won't check ID?

ReputationRep:
    I would be a little cautious - I've never been to Scala but when I went to 16+ gigs at the Forum and the Borderline, they both checked - Dingwalls in Camden and Brixton O2 were the only places cool enough to trust me. However on the whole, especially with your track record, I would bite the bullet and go. It's only really the 18+ ones that are a *****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lettheheadsroll)
    I would be a little cautious - I've never been to Scala but when I went to 16+ gigs at the Forum and the Borderline, they both checked - Dingwalls in Camden and Brixton O2 were the only places cool enough to trust me. However on the whole, especially with your track record, I would bite the bullet and go. It's only really the 18+ ones that are a *****.
    Thanks for advice! And yeah, I think 16+ should be a lot easier than 18+. I'm gonna go for it. The tickets are only 12 quid, so I haven't got much to lose. And if they don't let us in, we can just roll around Central London at night, so we win either way haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 666satinsdoll666)
    Thanks for advice! And yeah, I think 16+ should be a lot easier than 18+. I'm gonna go for it. The tickets are only 12 quid, so I haven't got much to lose. And if they don't let us in, we can just roll around Central London at night, so we win either way haha.

Did you get in?

ReputationRep:
    Late update but yeah we both got in, my mate showed her 11-15 oyster card and she was let in :') I just photocopied my passport and showed that and was let in. Theyre pretty calm as long as you show a photo ID, you're good! Twas a good venue too

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.