The Student Room Group

AS english lit help

I recently did my Jane Eyre essay on "there's no love without suffering" but I only referred to Jane's story and no one else. Will I be penalised for this? (WJEC)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Depends on how you referenced Janes story and how you answered the question. For example if you just tracked through the text ppointing out the times love was gained through suffering (being excepted in Lowood after being put on the stool, the whole Mr Rochester thing) then you'd be alright but you could only reach a certain level of depth. To reach the highest grades you could make reference to Bertha's suffering in a loveless marriage and St Johns proposal of marriage and that through suffering ''a sort of love would follow''. Or you could disagree with the point all together, saying Janes happily ever after where she found love wasn't through suffering but through the luck of her uncles death and inheritance.

English is such a broad subject but I've found in almost every essay to get the high grades you want you should both agree and disagree with the question and approach it from as many angles as possible. To narrow a view tends to leave you repeating the same points in different words.

Quick Reply

Latest