Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi Guys,

    I'm trying to apply for independent student allowance for my second year of university. I tried last year but failed due to not earning enough in 2012-2013.

    I was wondering if anyone new how much I might be likely to get. I will probably only be suitable for the lowest amount as my parents have quite good jobs and I have to go off their income even though have consistently supported myself since I was 17 (I am now 22).

    Also, if anyone has any tips on how to make a good application?

    • Very Important Poster

    Very Important Poster
    If you don't have a working partner, you'd get the maximum, which depends where you study.

    But the 3 years they want, don't include uni finance. It has to be from working.

    There's no such thing as a "good application".

University open days

  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.