Heroes Watch

Beth141299
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have been told different things from different teachers. What has been said to you about whether we need to use context in the Heroes section of the English Literature Paper, Unit 2A, GCSE?
Rjhepkenhdjd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
we've been told not too! which other novel are you doing? i'm guessing you do it on the other one, but depends on your exam board? (i'm on wjec and p sure that's it for them)
ihatePE
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
my teacher said not to use context UNLESS it applies to the question, so for like war, you can include a little bit of context about pearl harbour.
if you're doing AIC, then context matters more, but again, only if it applies to the question, so last year was about attitudes towards women i think, that's where you can include context
Beth141299
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thanks so much for your help I didn't use it for Heroes. I did for An Inspector Calls, because we were told that that was the most important AO for that. Hope it went well for you, as I presume you did the exam yesterday?

(Original post by ihatePE)
my teacher said not to use context UNLESS it applies to the question, so for like war, you can include a little bit of context about pearl harbour.
if you're doing AIC, then context matters more, but again, only if it applies to the question, so last year was about attitudes towards women i think, that's where you can include context
(Original post by Rjhepkenhdjd)
we've been told not too! which other novel are you doing? i'm guessing you do it on the other one, but depends on your exam board? (i'm on wjec and p sure that's it for them)
ihatePE
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Beth141299)
Thanks so much for your help I didn't use it for Heroes. I did for An Inspector Calls, because we were told that that was the most important AO for that. Hope it went well for you, as I presume you did the exam yesterday?
Yup it was nicer than i thought and i loved the aic questions (i chose mrs birling) but heroes was a bit more difficult because i dont know the book so well. How did you think it went
Beth141299
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Good! Yeah, not too bad, thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (222)
22.72%
The paper was reasonable (441)
45.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (176)
18.01%
It was TERRIBLE (138)
14.12%

Watched Threads