Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got 4 As!!!!!!

I got an offer from Oxford University...
    St. Catherine's College.....
    Offer 3As.....

Yahoo!!!!

See you guys..... going for celebration.....

ReputationRep:
    Superb results sir!!!

Good luck at Oxford, although with 4 A grades I doubt it will be about luck.

Congrats!

I have friend who's also studying at St. Catz, Oxford but he's in the 2nd year already.

What course are you doing there?

ReputationRep:
    I am doing physics.....!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! *hands him one of her magicly-tastilicious-homemade-brownies*

My brother is at St Catherine's too! (Will start his second year in september)...-what course is your friend doing Vin?

Anyway- well done again! I daresay you'll have a great time over the next few years...at the late night ice cream parlour :P

(Original post by Egan1)
    My brother is at St Catherine's too! (Will start his second year in september)...-what course is your friend doing Vin?
    He's doing law there. Your bro must've gotten really good results too, yeah?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vin)
    He's doing law there. Your bro must've gotten really good results too, yeah?
    Indeed, he got AAA for Maths, English lit and erm something else...(he also did further maths but I think that was a B? but he had an AAA offer for the other subjects)...He's doing PPE, he had never studied any of the subjects before but he's really enjoying it- well the works ok, he certainly loves the town and his RPG society

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Indeed, he got AAA for Maths, English lit and erm something else...(he also did further maths but I think that was a B? but he had an AAA offer for the other subjects)...He's doing PPE, he had never studied any of the subjects before but he's really enjoying it- well the works ok, he certainly loves the town and his RPG society
    I'm going to do Maths, Eng lit and something else (as well as General Studies) at A-level. I may not do PPe now, though, maybe just Economics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelvin)
    I am doing physics.....!
    Which college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    Which college?
    St Catherines/St Catz

Lord Huntroyed....have been trying to remember the subjects he took and I think the other one may have been Chemistry though am not certain...are you just about to start year 11?

ReputationRep:
    I dont know if I got in (got AAB needed AAA). Had to phone up Oxford and grovel

More problems though - they dont have my results and need to contact my school first. They are going to phone me back so i'm sitting by the phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    More problems though - they dont have my results and need to contact my school first. They are going to phone me back so i'm sitting by the phone.
    Why don't they ahve your results?
    Well...I really hope you do get in but if you don't you'll still be going to a good uni etc etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    St Catherines/St Catz

Lord Huntroyed....have been trying to remember the subjects he took and I think the other one may have been Chemistry though am not certain...are you just about to start year 11?
    Yes, so I've got plenty of time to think about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Why don't they ahve your results?
    Well...I really hope you do get in but if you don't you'll still be going to a good uni etc etc
    I don't know they didn't say.

I've also missed my insurance (UCL) - I need an A in maths - so will have to phone them too if Oxford say no.

Does anyone think I should phone UCL before waiting for Oxford to reply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Might be a good idea- before all the places are gone?!

(Original post by loftx)
    Yeah, I agree with Egan1, you should. Basically, it's a race against time. Other students in your same position will be competing against each other to contact the uni and inquire. So the faster you contact them, the higher chances of getting a place before they run out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Might be a good idea- before all the places are gone?!
    Thing is, if Oxford didn't have my results will UCL?

ReputationRep:
    weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ee

4 A's!!! going to Wadham College Oxford!!!!!! woohoooo!!!!

by the way i'm already drunk, had a pitcher of cocktail in celebration...currently at home trying to put on my celebration outfit but failing miserably...this has just taken me 5 mins to type...whoopsie daisies (in the wise words of Hugh Grant)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Thing is, if Oxford didn't have my results will UCL?
    Ring UCL using a different phone so if Oxford ring back you won't miss the call!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Ring UCL using a different phone so if Oxford ring back you won't miss the call!
    I've decided i'm going to wait 20mins or so then call Oxford. If that dosn't work i might call UCL afterwards.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.