Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm just so unhappy in my relationship ATM. My girlfriend just doesn't seem to give me any attention anymore, barely makes an effort to talk to me. I just feel like she doesn't care anymore and it's making me feel the same.

I just don't know if to end it or not because I do really love her a lot, she is such a nice girl and she's an amazing girlfriend when she wants to be. I just don't know if it's the right thing to do, like what if I regret it after?

We're both not happy with the relationship, we've talked about splitting up before but she burst into tears saying she didn't want to lose me and that she's only happy with me but she acts so different to what she actually says.

I'm confused, I'm down, I'm upset. I just really don't know what to do anymore. I'm not happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm just so unhappy in my relationship ATM. My girlfriend just doesn't seem to give me any attention anymore, barely makes an effort to talk to me. I just feel like she doesn't care anymore and it's making me feel the same.

I just don't know if to end it or not because I do really love her a lot, she is such a nice girl and she's an amazing girlfriend when she wants to be. I just don't know if it's the right thing to do, like what if I regret it after?

We're both not happy with the relationship, we've talked about splitting up before but she burst into tears saying she didn't want to lose me and that she's only happy with me but she acts so different to what she actually says.

I'm confused, I'm down, I'm upset. I just really don't know what to do anymore. I'm not happy.
    Instead of sitting here and moaning about it, you should talk to her. Communication is the key.
    ( I expect a few reps for this answer, pay up your daily taxes).

ReputationRep:
    ^^ What he said. Talk to her about it. If not, break up.

You don't want to be in a relationship with someone who doesn't put effort into a relationship. I learned that the hard way.

ReputationRep:
    You need to talk to her about how you feel and make it clear that it is make or break and you need things to genuinely change. Give her some examples of how you would like things to be and see if she thinks that is reasonable and if not agree on a compromise. For example, do you want her to text you first? how often? do you want longer replies? to see each other more often?

ReputationRep:
    I think that you should speak to her and tell her what you feel and that it upsets you that she ignores you. If she doesn't change the way she acts after you spoke,give yourself a break,try to stay friends and keep close and if you both miss each other and feel need/ want to come back to each other ,then do so. There's no reason to be in relationship in which both of you are not really happy

ReputationRep:
    I recommend you to talk to her and make it clear. Don't leave these feelings on your own as there are two poeple in the relationship. Have ou break up with her yet?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 30, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.