Official Rep
    (Original post by 2BottlesLater)
    I'm studying... Art, History of art, English, Film

I'm interested in... Foundation Art, Fine Art, Working, Animation, Film,

My study level is... A-level (A2)
    Hi 2BottlesLater!

Any ideas on where you'd like to go and what you'd study
    If you're considering London, come visit us! http://www.ravensbourne.ac.uk/
    We have a great range of courses that cover your interests!

Hope to see you soon!
    Jay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ravensbourne)
    Hi 2BottlesLater!

Hope to see you soon!
    Jay

Thanks Jay.No idea what I'm studying - completely confused, too many choices and different information. I got an Art scholarship, I won a competition - A Levels paid for. I'm told my drawing/illustration is very good but I'm not sure this is what I want to do and my tutor is trying to push me in this direction. My tutor told me I wouldn't get onto an Art degree without having done a Foundation - is that true? I got an interview at the Slade but didn't go because I was so confused. I didn't bother about the other choices I put down because it's not what I want. So I'm just finishing up A levels. I've heard about UCAS Extra and Clearing.I've got a Foundation place at UCA Rochester but I don't think I want to go there. I was looking for a diagnostic pathway as I really don't want to be sat in front of a computer all day. I thought Ravensbourne was more digital art focused?Any advice would be great. cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ravensbourne)
    Hi 2BottlesLater!

Hope to see you soon!
    Jay

Thanks Jay.No idea what I'm studying - completely confused, too many choices and different information. I got an Art scholarship, I won a competition - A Levels paid for. I'm told my drawing/illustration is very good but I'm not sure this is what I want to do and my tutor is trying to push me in this direction. My tutor told me I wouldn't get onto an Art degree without having done a Foundation - is that true? I got an interview at the Slade but didn't go because I was so confused. I didn't bother about the other choices I put down because it's not what I want. So I'm just finishing up A levels. I've heard about UCAS Extra and Clearing.I've got a Foundation place at UCA Rochester but I don't think I want to go there. I was looking for a diagnostic pathway as I really don't want to be sat in front of a computer all day. I thought Ravensbourne was more digital art focused?Any advice would be great. cheers
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi,

I understand there was a lot going through my mind during A levels as well
    Well done for your art scholarship and competitions that's fantastic!
    It is one thing to have a teacher encourage you, but make sure you are comfortable in the direction as well. They only want what's best for you.
    I can say that I do have friends on the BA course who have not done a foundation course, it does help because it settles you in a new environment and also helps those who have no idea what they want to do.

What a foundation does is gives you a taste of everything and then you can choose a pathway you are happy in and focus down that route. Ravensbourne is more digitally focused however we have courses that do not involve sitting in front of the screen 24/7
    Perhaps you would consider a foundation course if you are uncertain, I was originally from a Fine art background after finishing A levels I had no idea where I wanted to go and what to study, so I did an art an design foundation (nice balance between art and digital) just to give myself a bit more time, (keep in mind, after the foundation you can still choose to study something else) and I found I really enjoyed animation so I then focused towards that pathway, leading me here now
    If you'd like to take a look at the breakdown maybe it will help shed some light into what a foundation course does , Click Me

Besides that, you should be happy in what you pursue, if you are still unsure go to open days, speak to more students, cause they will give you the most honest opinion. Open days can give you a feel for it as well, because I don't believe it should just be all focused on work, your environment can be important as well

Hope this help,
    Jay

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying... Art, History of art, English, Film

I'm interested in... Foundation Art, Fine Art, Working, Animation, Film,

My study level is... A-level (A2)
    hi 2 bottles. I want a scholarship at uca. studying a mature learner access course. how can I land a scholarship as to pay for my tuition fees (if you know) ?

underthradar

ReputationRep:
    I want to land a scholarship at uca. im planning to study there. any tips?

I have filled out the application form over a month ago but no reply

underthradar

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 8, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.