Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I any tips to improve confidence Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm always shy around the opposite sex, I have a date coming up, I'm so nervous. I have no confidence I'm scared of making a fool of myself. I hate feeling like this :-(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Introvert 34)
    I'm always shy around the opposite sex, I have a date coming up, I'm so nervous. I have no confidence I'm scared of making a fool of myself. I hate feeling like this :-(
    Im meeting him next week, I won't be able to function properly til then cause of my nerves. I feel pathetic for feeling like this

ReputationRep:
    Having bubblegum helps alot.

ReputationRep:
    Get 11 gems and you can do anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Introvert 34)
    You have a date! Thats great! A lot of people wouldn't even be able to get that far but don't worry, i know its cliche but i bet the other person is feeling just as nervous - dates are frickin scary af. But honestly, once you're on the date you will be fine, just ask simple questions about school or whatever to get it going - and remember, it's a two sided thing, if it's not going the way you planned, dont blame yourself and just keep trying!

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    What's that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maddywald)
    You have a date! Thats great! A lot of people wouldn't even be able to get that far but don't worry, i know its cliche but i bet the other person is feeling just as nervous - dates are frickin scary af. But honestly, once you're on the date you will be fine, just ask simple questions about school or whatever to get it going - and remember, it's a two sided thing, if it's not going the way you planned, dont blame yourself and just keep trying!

Good luck
    thank you, much appreciated x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Get 11 gems and you can do anything.
    ??

ReputationRep:
    Fake it till you make it

ReputationRep:
    i loled at the Original Post

ReputationRep:
    u beta male

ReputationRep:
    Is something you have to do at a young age. You just need to practice and always get out of your comfort zone. First time it will be hard but gets easier. Yes this will take years to perfect. I had to go through it too.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.