Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What have been your worst fashion/beauty choices? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Wearing a shirt with pen marks on it

ReputationRep:
    My entire life has been a bad fashion choice

ReputationRep:
    Back in fifth grade I thought it would be cute if I tied up half my hair in a pigtail and left the rest hanging loose. People kept telling me I had forgotten to do the other side. Needless to say I never used 2007 Ashley Tisdale as style inspiration ever again.

ReputationRep:
    When I first started wearing makeup, I only had access to my mum's concealer, so I used to use that on my cheeks and under my eyes to cover up any redness/ dark circles. however, I am paler than my mum so the colour looked orange on my skin and I never blended the concealer in properly.

I was only a few years later that I realised how bad I looked going to school each day haha !

ReputationRep:
    I used to have a huge knitted black coat cardigan thing that went to my knees from a charity shop... it looked horrible but I'm not gonna lie I wish I still had it cause it was so comfy and warm

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Bleaching my hair. I didn't suit blonde at all and the colour was so brassy and my fringe was bright orange -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I went through a stage where I thought it would be "unique" to wear bold and colourful shirts as I thought this would "express my personality".

So I got some shirts with garish floral and paisley patters and started turning up for work in them with a couple of buttons undone so they were open-necked. People used to make comments like "er...thats a very colourful shirt" which I thought was them taking notice of me and it being established as my trademark, like early days Andre Agassi with his neon cycling shorts etc, but really they were thinking what a knob.

I look back at that and totally cringe. I'm glad I don't work there any more. Loud clothes and overbearing fragrances are the hallmark of attention seekers and it always looks bad.

Anyway having grown out of that I started to get more in to fashion and moved towards an image of timeless classic and simple stuff, which you can't go wrong with really. But I did make one big mistake - I used to wear shirts that were meant for ties, without ties, so the collar would pop out. I remember thinking it was stylish to pop my collar over my jacket and one time at work a new hot girl had started and I asked her out after work and popped out my collar for this date. Over time I soon learned popped collars look stupid. Shirts with big collars that are intended for ties, should be worn with ties, so now 90% of the time at work I wear a tie and it keeps everything in order.

Another smaller fashion mistake I made for a while was I overdid tan shoes. I think tan shoes look good with smart blue denim jeans but in anything formal they look a bit too bold and as I have large feet it can create a bit of a clown appearance if you are wearing a dark navy/charcoal suit and light tan shoes.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Wore granny glasses.
    Like these.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Coz I thought they looked cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Namita Gurung)
    Wore granny glasses.
    Like these.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Coz I thought they looked cool.
    That was literally me for like 3 years, glad I'm not the only one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlin121)
    That was literally me for like 3 years, glad I'm not the only one
    I cringe so bad when I look back at the photos.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.