Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which Access provider is best to pursue a Physics degree? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I'm looking to study physics at university but I need to take an access course beforehand. I just need advice on which provider as location isn't an issue for me.

I know doing A-levels and taking maths, further maths and physics would be the best option but I really don't want to do 2 years. Also, I've done my research and a lot of red bricks accept Access applications.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2055250 This guy seems to have taken the best course so far which is provided by Apted. I've already applied to a few colleges which follows this curriculum (pure maths, higher maths, physics) but I'm just wondering if there is an even more relevant and suitable course to apply for a physics degree?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Timmy. You need to look for an Access course that has an engineering pathway, with plenty of maths modules. I went to Highbury college just outside Portsmouth, and had physics offers from Royal Holloway and from Portsmouth for year 1 entry and an offer from Southampton for foundation year entry. I also know people who got into Royal Holloway after doing an Access course at a college in Guildford. I'm not sure of the name of the college, but it shouldn't be hard to find. Going down the Access route rather taking A levels will limit the number of universities that will consider you, but it can be done.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.