ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That the Flying Spaghetti monster doesn't exist

ReputationRep:
    True, also the invisible man in the sky

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You can't prove God's real, you can't prove God's not real, until sth substantiates your claim (more than just absence of evidence leaning towards evidence of absence.)

You can only make an educated guess; the same with most things for which you have no evidence.

By prove in this context I mean you can't be certain.

You can only really say God's inexistence is the truest answer, due to the inapplicability of the situation.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    OP if that's you in your profile picture, then I can see why you believe in evolution so much, because how similar you look like to a monkey actually more accurately you look like a gorilla. No offence but I am actually not joking is that a human in your profile picture?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koolgurl14)
    OP if that's you in your profile picture, then I can see why you believe in evolution so much, because how similar you look like to a monkey actually more accurately you look like a gorilla. No offence but I am actually not joking is that a human in your profile picture?
    😂😂😂 that hurt but it's kind of funny:mmm:
    Do you believe in God?

ReputationRep:
    The Loch Ness monster is actually just someone called Bert

ReputationRep:
    You know that the first post is empty?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    You know that the first post is empty?
    Yeah i made the thread and just pressed submit without filling anything in... Oops
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koolgurl14)
    Harsh.

Also your understanding of evolution is weak at best.

ReputationRep:
    Why are we here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoda123)
    Why are we here
    because you have been given the gift of life

ReputationRep:
    Science doesnt prove anything, it only attempts to. Any work that is done in Science is an evidence for or against a theory.

Like the big bang theory is taught as an explanation for the creation of the universe, however, it is quite likely and expected to be disproved with advances in science and replaced with a more correct explanation to the founding of the universe.

Like one of the people said above, its like an educated guess, in a way.

ReputationRep:
    anything; proof is a philosophical and mathematical concept.

But in a less pedantic sense, the scientific method cannot "prove" (i think you're using this as a synonym for "justify" or "demonstrate") is itself, metaphysics, mathematics, for example

ReputationRep:
    which uni league table is worth sticking to

ReputationRep:
    Science can't prove that Adam or eve ever were real

ReputationRep:
    Science doesn't deal in proofs but rather probabilities. This is because it is inductive. It infers.

Ironically you have many people saying that only science gives knowledge. Known as scientism. Scientism cannot be proved or supported by science in anyway. Since scientism itself is not an empirical hypothesis, not something the truth or falsity of which can be established by empirical scientific means, it is (when not so qualified as to be no longer interesting) self-undermining. Somehow that never seems to weaken its grip over those beguiled by it, despite their oft-purported superior rationality.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Itself

ReputationRep:
    That which man cannot observe, quantify (whether definitely or proportionally), or presume in a way that fits in with previously established laws.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.