Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

tiny lumps and slight pain in face Watch

Not sure if any of this may be relevant but I have hypothyroidism which i've started treatment for, possible keratosis pillaris (only on arms an legs), and a couple of other things like deficiencies and contraceptive pill. Also i'm 20 and female.

A couple of months ago I had some pain around my ears and jaw which has now improved somewhat and started getting tiny little bumps (a bit like kp on my arms/ legs) around my jaw. Since then I have had tonsilitis and gingivitus so haven't been paying much attention to the little bits of pain I had left around my neck/ jaw.

My kp seems to have flared up slightly too (had an almost rash like formation on my arm for a while) Briefly mentioned it to a doctor but have been busy seeing them for other things so it wasn't payed much attention too. Now that i'm not busy with bigger health issues i'm paying more attention to it. Lumps on my jaw aren't going away or coming to a head like acne would (get bout occasionally elsewhere on my face) and what pain is left doesn't seem to be going anywhere either. Mostly corner jaw and behind ear now.
    Geting a few aches and pains all over but that isn't too uncommon for me (thyroid issues). And this is probably really stupid to mention but the nailbed of my big toe often feels cold for no reason.

Anyway if anybody had any idea of what it could be or if it's worth seeing a doctor about it I would appreciate it. My doctor tends to sound judgemental when I come in for little things (although they have actually usually turned out to be a symptom of a condition I have) so I'm cautious about seeing them too often.
    I'll be honest I have looked into auto-immune diseases before since my hypothyroidism is caused by antibodies and I alsonhave IBS-like issues so if anybody could weigh in on that I'd really appreciate it.

I'm a little paranoid about my health sometimes so like to see if other people think it's plausable or if i'm just crazy :P
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    x
    Did you ever manage to work out what this was? Trying to think what it could be but there's nothing obvious jumping out at me, I'm no doctor though! It could well be another thyroid symptom or something related, I'd maybe mention it to your GP if you're there about something else sometime even if you don't want to go specifically for it. My only thoughts are really it could be something gland related as they can cause pain and swelling around there, or possibly your ear or TMJ or something but they seem less likely.

I'm the same on struggling to work out what's just another symptom of stuff by the way, it's really hard with multiple conditions going on at the same time!

(Original post by furryface12)
    Did you ever manage to work out what this was? Trying to think what it could be but there's nothing obvious jumping out at me, I'm no doctor though! It could well be another thyroid symptom or something related, I'd maybe mention it to your GP if you're there about something else sometime even if you don't want to go specifically for it. My only thoughts are really it could be something gland related as they can cause pain and swelling around there, or possibly your ear or TMJ or something but they seem less likely.

I'm the same on struggling to work out what's just another symptom of stuff by the way, it's really hard with multiple conditions going on at the same time!
    Saw a doctor. Turns out it was two things. Strained jaw and a bit of kp which has spread from my arms.

Thanks for the response

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.