Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    About to start second year, was just wondering what the layout is? As in is the main deadlines before Christmas and summer or is it more spread out? Obviously the workload is bigger but is it spread out or still 2 main deadlines to meet? Was just looking for information regarding the general format/layout as curious about this
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Gc1878)
    About to start second year, was just wondering what the layout is? As in is the main deadlines before Christmas and summer or is it more spread out? Obviously the workload is bigger but is it spread out or still 2 main deadlines to meet? Was just looking for information regarding the general format/layout as curious about this
    It will depend what uni you're at/what course you're doing! If you can give a bit more information, I can move this to a more relevant section for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    It will depend what uni you're at/what course you're doing! If you can give a bit more information, I can move this to a more relevant section for you
    At Liverpool John Moores doing a Business marketing course, does this help? Thanks for your help
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    At Liverpool John Moores doing a Business marketing course, does this help? Thanks for your help
    I've moved this to the John Moores section for you, so hopefully you should get some more answers soon
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi,

I've just finished the second year so can give you an idea of what mine was like.

I felt this year that the workload was so much heavier... And yeah, it was pretty much the same pattern, pre-Christmas deadlines then a mixture of deadlines in April and any exams in May.

My timetable also changed, had one day off in first year, had two this year.

I think you start to feel the pressure more in second year, knowing that what you achieve counts towards the final degree grade.

K.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool John Moores)
    Hi,

I've just finished the second year so can give you an idea of what mine was like.

I felt this year that the workload was so much heavier... And yeah, it was pretty much the same pattern, pre-Christmas deadlines then a mixture of deadlines in April and any exams in May.

My timetable also changed, had one day off in first year, had two this year.

I think you start to feel the pressure more in second year, knowing that what you achieve counts towards the final degree grade.

K.
    Ahhh ok excellent, thanks for the reply, that's answered my question well with the deadlines being pre Christmas and April again and no different. Not going into the unknown so much now. Thanks very much.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    No probs

Ahhh ok excellent, thanks for the reply, that's answered my question well with the deadlines being pre Christmas and April again and no different. Not going into the unknown so much now. Thanks very much.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.