Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

New here, so go easy!

Just completed my HNC in computer networking and got a B in my graded unit. I am wondering what you guys done when you got this or what you would do if you had gotten this.

I am thinking of doing year 2 which is HND level, but then again, I want to work, but it seems near impossible. Everywhere I apply for just ignores or unsuccesful. Its pretty de motivating at times, but advice is always good!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    give up and make brownies

ReputationRep:
    Why are you not making progress? Have you asked for feedback? Have an interview with your careers service and then work on your weaknesses.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    Why are you not making progress? Have you asked for feedback? Have an interview with your careers service and then work on your weaknesses.
    This. Work out what's going wrong.

What sort of jobs are you applying for? Stuff you need a qualification for? Or generic, part time style jobs like retail work? If you're trying to apply for qualified jobs with no qualifications they won't take you seriously. And when I was applying for a part time job while at college nobody even returned my emails, applications, etc. Only one company even bothered to reply to me. From what I understand this is pretty normal.

ReputationRep:
    If you are looking for a support role I hate to tell you this but a HNC or a degree wont do you much good. Employers want IT certificates like Comptia and MCSA.. I am actually glad I didnt do academic qualifications in IT as it would have been a waste of time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Quick link:

Unanswered IT and technology threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.