Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from Lougborough for Msc Mech Eng, still havent accepted as I am waiting a reply from Warwick. I am leaning towards Warwick as I did my BEng in Coventry and I know the locals, have friends etc. But I am confused about which to choose in the end.

Does anyone have any experience with either? They both seem to be reputable I guess but Warwick wants 2 ii while Lougborough wants 2 i.

Anyone with thoughts about which to choose?

ReputationRep:
    IMO: Warwick is definitely a better uni compared to Lougborough.
    However I would check out both and see which you prefer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cobalt_)
    IMO: Warwick is definitely a better uni compared to Lougborough.
    However I would check out both and see which you prefer.
    Are you talking as a uni overall or for engineering?

I do agree its better as an overall uni, but Ive heard Lougborough is also considered one of the best for engineering in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yucelhazar)

I do agree its better as an overall uni, but Ive heard Lougborough is also considered one of the best for engineering in the UK.
    Was that the Guardian rankings by any chance....?

ReputationRep:

For both. Overall and for Eng.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Incongruous)
    Was that the Guardian rankings by any chance....?
    Lool no, I completely disagree with their overall rankings, complete utter nonsense rankings based on student satisfaction.

However, by word of mouth my lecturers and during my time working at Nissan, Lougborough was well received by many IN ENGINEERING (nothing else).
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from Lougborough for Msc Mech Eng, still havent accepted as I am waiting a reply from Warwick. I am leaning towards Warwick as I did my BEng in Coventry and I know the locals, have friends etc. But I am confused about which to choose in the end.

Does anyone have any experience with either? They both seem to be reputable I guess but Warwick wants 2 ii while Lougborough wants 2 i.

Anyone with thoughts about which to choose?
    What's the course at Warwick?

ReputationRep:
    MechEng, and most courses in the Wolfson School in Loughborough, are very reputable and have very high graduate prospects. Whilst I agree that Warwick is more prestigious overall, for MechEng I'd say Loughborough is a better university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    What's the course at Warwick?
    Msc Mechanical engineering for both
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Msc Mechanical engineering for both
    Okay.

I would look at the modules for both. Mechanical engineering is very broad, and as such it's possible that at the MSc level there could be very little overlap.

Also, consider cost too, since you'll probably be funding it from your own pocket.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.