Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 CHEM transition metals and reaction of inorganic compounds in aqueous solution Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am STRUGGLING to learn all the equations needed for those two chapters, does anyone have an easy way of learning the equations or a pattern or anything to help me please!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cutelady)
    I am STRUGGLING to learn all the equations needed for those two chapters, does anyone have an easy way of learning the equations or a pattern or anything to help me please!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You just have to force them in ur head. The transition metals should'nt be too hard you know. Most of the products are very similar. Here's a table that I use if that helps.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have attached my notes for this topic and some mind maps that i created. Hope they help. I also have some flash cards that I printed out double sided and laminated which have the formula and name on one side and then the colour on the other side. Let me know if you would like them too
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx 2+ aquaions.docx (95.4 KB, 68 views)
  2. File Type: docx 3+ Aquaions.docx (64.8 KB, 64 views)
  3. File Type: docx Reactions of Inorganic Compounds Full Notes.docx (244.6 KB, 75 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirRaza97)
    You just have to force them in ur head. The transition metals should'nt be too hard you know. Most of the products are very similar. Here's a table that I use if that helps.

Thank you so much, as I haven't done the chapter yet, do the colours shaded in correspond to the actual colours formed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cutelady)
    Thank you so much, as I haven't done the chapter yet, do the colours shaded in correspond to the actual colours formed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah they do. I havent filled in the Aluminium one though because it's mostly whit or colourless and I cant really colour that in xD

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.