The Student Room Group

How TSR works with the police

Hi everyone,

Some of you may be aware that in the past the community team have worked with the police following members of the community being harassed or bullied through receiving threatening messages on The Student Room.

When content is reported to us very soon after the event we can act quickly and notify the police of highly inappropriate online activity on The Student Room.

As we continue to work with the police we are experiencing first-hand how much better they are becoming at handling this is kind of behaviour and how they are appropriately dealing with young people who don’t realise the seriousness of what they are writing online.

Although members can be completely anonymous on The Student Room, please be aware that highly inappropriate content that is worthy of a police report can and will be traced back you.

If you receive any content privately via private message or in one of the TSR forums please do report it immediately. We urge you not to reply, instead leave it for us to deal with. The community team can then support you in confidence and take the appropriate action.

If you see anything that worries you online on TSR then please pop into Ask the CT and have a chat with us.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hannah .
(edited 7 years ago)
My only question is, is why there's a space after your name and the full stop? :redface:

Seriously though, I think that's fair enough! Shouldn't be able to get away with stuff on here you wouldn't irl.
Original post by mobbsy91
My only question is, is why there's a space after your name and the full stop? :redface:

:iiam:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending