The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zainab_5148

Hmm, not sure, loking at past grade boundaries it lpooks like average for an a* is 166, which would be 83 on each paper, meh, not much of a difference though.
thats wrong it was 0.04
omg im so annoyed i put 3.14 instead of the pi sign and actually worked it out,do you think i will still get some marks? why did i not read the full question!!!!:angry:
oh god i failed Maths GCSE
Wouldn't the simplified version be 5(2-m) because it says expand and simplify, and 10-5m isn't the simplified version.
somebody NEEDS to make a foundation paper one :frown:
Original post by LogicalFallacy
I'll create a foundation one here too.
Original post by LogicalFallacy
I'll create a foundation one here too.

please send me a link for edexcel foundation paper 1 2016 I would highly appericate that many thanks
Original post by Dj3824
I wrote 75pi over 4. But i showed my working clearly so dod uthink i would still get 2 marks out of 3 for the working out?

Yeah I would think so :smile:
Hi guys, I have managed to get 81 will I be in a chance to get an A*, people are saying I need to get 166, so another at least 85 marks. But what was the grade boundaries for 2015, it had apparently low grade boundaries like 158 according to last year pupils. Is that correct?
Reply 2170
for question 12
instead of:
100- 25π cm²
would it be alright if i wrote : 25(4-π )cm²
Would someone mind linking the paper with completed answers please? Want to have a look again haha.
Hi guys, I have managed to get 81 will I be in a chance to get an A*, people are saying I need to get 166, so another at least 85 marks. But what was the grade boundaries for 2015, it had apparently low grade boundaries like 158 according to last year pupils. Is that correct?
Original post by samm98
Would someone mind linking the paper with completed answers please? Want to have a look again haha.

Just go to page 1, I wanted to do the same thing
Original post by Rakstar

I'm sure last year it was 155 for an A*- double check in EdExcel grade boundaries website. I think 81 is enough, if you repeat the performance in calculator exam then it may be enough- can't say for sure. No one knows the actual grade boundaries until all the exams in the country have been marked and the examiners decide. Therefore, anything anyone said regarding grade boundaries is only an estimate/prediction.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 13aa
for question 12
instead of:
100- 25π cm²
would it be alright if i wrote : 25(4-π )cm²

Yes, you just factorised it that's what examiners sometimes like
Original post by vik_k1
I'm sure last year it was 155 for an A*- double check in EdExcel grade boundaries website. I think 81 is enough, if you repeat the performance in calculator exam then it may be enough- can't say for sure. No one knows the actual grade boundaries until all the exams in the country have been marked and the examiners decide. Therefore, anything anyone said regarding grade boundaries is only an estimate/prediction.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool, thank you, that's fine, I consistently get around 90-100 in the calculator papers, it now just depends on the question. But from what you are saying, then I would need probably 85 marks to secure an A*, if the grade boundaries don't go down. In my opinion, I found the last year's paper easier, don't see what the fuss was about on the Hannah question lol.
Original post by GCSEstudentt
I got around 70 marks and i'm so disappointed because I'm predicted an A*:frown:((((((((((

Same:frown: but aim for 95-100 marks in paper 2 (totally possible if you really want it) and we can get that A*
Reply 2178
Original post by Rakstar
Yes, you just factorised it that's what examiners sometimes like

Yess. thanks
Guys, for the estimating the solutions one, q9 I think, I completed the square and solved it: that should be acceptable right because I am right technically?

Quick Reply

Latest