The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrJamerJamer
If I got around 70 on this paper what would I need for a "a/a*"?

75+
LOOOOOOOL. My man Giovanni pasta linguini! How did you do?
Everything was going so nice and smoothly. And then Edexcel Maths had to happen. I feel so **** now! How am I meant to get prepared for my next exam when I'm experiencing post-maths exam depression! :frown:
I mean it was ok-ish, but then when you realise you made stupid STUPID mistakes and you're heart sinks...
I'm a failure.
Anyways, on the plus side we have a whole fresh set of 100 marks to gain. If all goes well, I shall be getting that C/B grade. That's all I want, that's all I need.
Original post by Charlie223
I think I got 67 anyone know what the grade boundaries are most likely going to be?

Think i got about 67 swell, hoping it will be an A
http://mrkibria.weebly.com/uploads/7/2/6/7/72672823/june_2016_higher_p1_worked_solutions_-_mr_kibria.pdf

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL MARK SCHEME!

I got around 90-94/100 (I hope to do better on the Calculator Paper!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the first question, it was rotate clockwise 90*, I vividly remember it. However, I messed up on the reflection of x=-1 and reflected it on the other line, god dammit.
Question 16 is 10^9 not 10^8

Since 6--3 = 9
Original post by zoeolo
http://mrkibria.weebly.com/uploads/7/2/6/7/72672823/june_2016_higher_p1_worked_solutions_-_mr_kibria.pdf

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL MARK SCHEME!

I got around 90-94/100 (I hope to do better on the Calculator Paper!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

*Unofficial lmao
Original post by 34908seikj
75+

These are ROUGH grade boundaries;
A* ~ 78/100
A ~ 63/100
B ~ 48/100
C ~ 33/100
Original post by LogicalFallacy
This is the completed mark scheme for the 26/05/2016 mathematics non-calculator paper.

If there are any mistakes, please tell me.

Reps would be appreciated, but are not necessary.

Spoiler

yh theres a mistake in q2 i think. the rotation you made is too high?
Original post by Anonymous.H
These are ROUGH grade boundaries;
A* ~ 78/100
A ~ 63/100
B ~ 48/100
C ~ 33/100

I disagree, they're way too low. The exam was pretty easy.
**** me, i dropped some silly marks!:angry::cry: but overall i think i must have still got around 70, guess im going to have to boost it up with the calculator exam!
Original post by 34908seikj
You didn't simplify it full though and according to the teacher mark scheme you didn't need to simplify fully anyway so you might get full marks for it and 42 would be a C

Nah you'll lose a mark because 100-25pi isn't equivalent to 25 - 5pi. You took the correct answer and turned it into an incorrect one D:
I think I got around 57-58 marks what would that be roughly? and do you think that the grade boundaries will be lower because people have found this hard?
Original post by Starface
Since it didnt ask for it in its simplest form, do you guys reckon that 1/4 - root6/12 is fine for the answer to the last question as it is still an exact equivalent to 3-root6/12 ?

I put that but im not sure if it will be accepted, probably not )':.
Do you know the marks for Q8 and onwards?
Original post by Starface
Nah you'll lose a mark because 100-25pi isn't equivalent to 25 - 5pi. You took the correct answer and turned it into an incorrect one D:

Whoops, that's a good point. I didn't realise he didn't factor it out.
FFS, I calculated to get 66 marks, I had lost very EASY marks, hopefully I can still get an A.
Original post by luke.brown1999
I think I got around 57-58 marks what would that be roughly? and do you think that the grade boundaries will be lower because people have found this hard?

Solid B.
Reply 1279
Anyone know what grade 74 might be?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending