The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Are the grade statistics released on the 17th as well ??
Original post by marioman
Not released until Wednesday 17th August.

oh ok thank you! will the link be posted on here?
Original post by Bubbles26
oh ok thank you! will the link be posted on here?

Should be, you might have to wait a bit as the person who downloads them from the AQA secure site does so by hand and it's quite time-consuming.
Reply 2203
Original post by fefssdf
Are the grade statistics released on the 17th as well ??

Grade statistics?
Original post by Aph
Grade statistics?

Yes like the list of subjects and percentages of people who got each grade ; I find it very interesting to look at as you can compare it against grade boundaries to see whether people improved or not from the year before
Original post by fefssdf
Yes like the list of subjects and percentages of people who got each grade ; I find it very interesting to look at as you can compare it against grade boundaries to see whether people improved or not from the year before

Yes they are released on the 17th.
Original post by marioman
Yes they are released on the 17th.

Thanks man ::smile:
Oh god.... 2 weeks today....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2208
Original post by fefssdf

That exists?! Where :s-smilie:
on the exam board websites or look up a level results statistics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2210
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
on the exam board websites or look up a level results statistics

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow... In 2'of my subjects just under half of all candidates got an A or A* and in the last one just under half got a B or more.

Are you AS or A2? A2

What subjects are you taking? EPQ - English Lit, Economics, Maths, Religious Studies

To which university are you hoping to go? I have an offer from KCL but I'm almost certainly taking a year off so that I can reapply to Oxford, so will decline

To study which subject? Philosophy, Politics and Economics

If applicable, what were your AS grades? AAAD (D in Maths)

What grades are required for your desired degree? A*AA however I'm hoping to get A* (EPQ) A*A*A*A

What grades are you predicted? A* (EPQ) A*A*AB

How did your exams go? Well I think, ran out of time in D1, C3 and C4 went well and I may have just clinched an A* but not sure :s-smilie: All of my other subjects went pretty well as usual, I'm only really worried about Maths as I cannot get the D I got last year...

How are you feeling about results day? Apprehensive after having bad results days in the past, but I also really really really want to know what I got

Anything else to add? Does talking about results day make it sooner? Does checking unofficial mark schemes in anyway give me a hint as to how I did? No? Oh.

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 9dobbo1

Are you AS or A2? A2

What subjects are you taking? EPQ - English Lit, Economics, Maths, Religious Studies

To which university are you hoping to go? I have an offer from KCL but I'm almost certainly taking a year off so that I can reapply to Oxford, so will decline

What grades are required for your desired degree? A*AA however I'm hoping to get A* (EPQ) A*A*A*A

How did your exams go? Well I think, ran out of time in D1, C3 and C4 went well and I may have just clinched an A* but not sure :s-smilie: All of my other subjects went pretty well as usual, I'm only really worried about Maths as I cannot get the D I got last year...

How are you feeling about results day? Apprehensive after having bad results days in the past, but I also really really really want to know what I got

Anything else to add? Does talking about results day make it sooner? Does checking unofficial mark schemes in anyway give me a hint as to how I did? No? Oh.

Your AS results are really good, congrats!! :smile: hopefully you'll get into university

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 9dobbo1

Are you AS or A2? A2

How on Earth did you get a D in maths with everything else being excellent if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by lawlieto
How on Earth did you get a D in maths with everything else being excellent if you don't mind me asking?

I think I just didn't realise the amount of practice I needed to do - I thought I could get away with putting as much effort in as I did for GCSE. Also I didn't have a great Maths teacher in AS year, though it was mostly down to me. This year Maths has been my #1 focus and I've worked tirelessly to get a good grade - including retaking AS. I think and hope I'll get an A and just might get an A* but we'll see. If worse comes to worse I am on a gap year so I could retake, but I really don't want to.
Original post by thevamps99xo
Your AS results are really good, congrats!! :smile: hopefully you'll get into university

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I do have offers that I could accept but I really want to try for Oxford again. I got 100% in RS.
Original post by 9dobbo1
I think I just didn't realise the amount of practice I needed to do - I thought I could get away with putting as much effort in as I did for GCSE. Also I didn't have a great Maths teacher in AS year, though it was mostly down to me. This year Maths has been my #1 focus and I've worked tirelessly to get a good grade - including retaking AS. I think and hope I'll get an A and just might get an A* but we'll see. If worse comes to worse I am on a gap year so I could retake, but I really don't want to.

Tbf i don't think it's physically possible to finish a d1 paper in time unless you're extremely lucky
Original post by lucabrasi98
Tbf i don't think it's physically possible to finish a d1 paper in time unless you're extremely lucky

The one this year was horrific though, because it was actually a very easy paper and I knew how to answer everything. But they made us draw so many damn diagrams I couldn't cope
Original post by 9dobbo1
The one this year was horrific though, because it was actually a very easy paper and I knew how to answer everything. But they made us draw so many damn diagrams I couldn't cope

Exactly. It's why d1 is my least favorite unit. You're not tested on maths ability. You're tested on writing speed. I couldn't finish it either. And i don't know anyone that did.
Maths has always been the bane of my life :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest