The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Anyone got link to the Google drive folder for AQA Sciences MS and examiner reports
I'm off to bed soon so just a few parting words.

If you're new to this thread: read the first post (it will answer most of your questions and http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=4461-exam-results will answer most of the rest)

If you do as well as you hoped (or better) tomorrow: congratulations! Please be kind when you're celebrating and try to help people who aren't having such a great day.

If you don't do as well as you hoped but still get in to your top choice: congratulations! Don't let a small stumble bother you - you deserve your place at university. Please also be kind when you're celebrating - try to have some tact about HOW you complain about being 1 UMS from full marks or *only* getting AAB.

If you don't do as well as you hoped and don't get into your top university: congratulations! You've worked hard and you have a big advantage over most people in your situation - you're on TSR. You won't be able to MOVE in here tomorrow for UCAS and results advisers and they all want to help you (and so do your fellow applicants on here, your parents and your teachers). Take a deep breath, buckle in and take some time to think through what YOU want to do. Disappointing results could mean a complete rethink, a change of plan, a slight diversion or a short (trust me a gap year will fly by) delay....NONE of those things are failure.

Read the quote in my sig

Finally - a few words of wisdom from someone much smarter than me

Spoiler

I'm going to watch some movies this night...any recommendations of new stuff? I've watched the Den so far
Original post by C0balt
Anyone got link to the Google drive folder for AQA Sciences MS and examiner reports

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/0B-YN4_YfkBkVdnV3UEhOZGV1YTg
Original post by dawideksoltysik
I'm going to watch some movies this night...any recommendations of new stuff? I've watched the Den so far

21/22 Jump Street.

Airplane!

erm... mind is going blank.. why... Quentin Tarentino films if they're your kind of thing, a bit scary though.

Back To The Future.

Disturbia is one of my favourite horror films :lol:
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi,

I was wondering for those people who took AQA A2 English language think the grade boundaries are really high?

i thought it was pretty hard :frown:
Who got a text from school?
Do the teachers already know what we got? Just wondering lol
What time do we have to go to collect AS results?
Original post by Sacred Ground
Anyone got plans this evening? Idk what to do with myself

Sleep...

...try to at least.
😐
Original post by Abirella

Yes teachers already have our results and the times will vary from school to school but it's usually sometime after 9

They most likely do. Reminds me, my Business teacher used to tell us stories about how when figuring out who was in clearing and who got in the night before Results day there would be people who had an insurance choice with the exact same or even HIGHER required grades than their firm. How someone can be so stupid is beyond me.
Original post by WeatherNerd
Yes teachers already have our results and the times will vary from school to school but it's usually sometime after 9

Our centres do. Our teachers don't.
Reply 7192
i get results online at 6 am but tracks live at 8am.lol

Spoiler

Original post by chowa14113
Hi,

I was wondering for those people who took AQA A2 English language think the grade boundaries are really high?

i thought it was pretty hard :frown:

Did you do love through the ages?
Reply 7194

Yes they do know and your school should have told you? It'll be on their website most likely.
Original post by jamestg
Same :frown:

Maths was meant to be my strongest subject as well...

My stronger subjects have some ridiculous grade boundaries, so I feel your pain :frown:
Original post by Guls
i get results online at 6 am but tracks live at 8am.lol

Spoiler

I refuse to read my results before track, I couldn't care less what I get as long as it's enough for an unconditional from either choice.
Original post by patricio_miguel
Our centres do. Our teachers don't.

They do.Well ours did. They had a sheet and they were reading them quietly as we walked in to decide who to console after they recieved their results
I don't get my results sent to me by email until 10.00-10.30am from my school. I can't decide whether to wait until I have my results to look as UCAS, or to just go on UCAS when it opens at 8am. Any thoughts?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest