The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

I don't want to go to my bloody insurance :frown:( what do I do I might tell them I'm not going and reapply:frown: but i want to go to uni this year
Original post by patricio_miguel
What?!!! My track updated omg!!! I got unconditional offer from oxford but theres no changes to the course - am i in????

What is the exact wording? :smile:
Original post by Matt.avf98
Got e-mailed by my insurance saying I got in there :frown: I feel sick I can't believe it I don't want to go

You don't have to go somewhere you aren't happy with.

Get your results and speak to your teachers and decide whether to try for clearing or a remark or a gap year. There's a lot of options.
guys i havent got any emails. im really worried.
Original post by PQ
You don't need your grades to ask for a release. It they're there when track opens get on the phone and start nagging :wink:

Thank you :smile: Yeah they'll be open, opened at 7 I think. Also if Track doesn't update again until 12 does that mean, assuming Aber does a quick release, I won't see my Clearing number til then? Is there any way I can get hold of it if that happens?
Original post by katherine9609
Shocking results but still got an email from my firm saying I got in 😌

Excellent :smile:
Original post by PQ
Betcha it's up in 10-15

yikes i was going to go and distract myself till 8! back to the laptop with me
Original post by jackpcraig
Got into Queens University Belfast for Computer Science, so happy right now. :biggrin:

Congratulations :smile:

I don't want to go to my bloody insurance :frown:( what do I do I might tell them I'm not going and reapply:frown: but i want to go to uni this year

Is there anything in clearing you would want to try for?

Just explain you've changed your mind and won't take a place. Ask them to put you into clearing
Original post by Rigby16
Going in at 10 to collect my AS results :smile: GoodLuck everyone in A2 I'm not looking forward to next year!

Same positions as you right now and I just woke up an hour ago... The suspense.
Thanks :smile: I asked them a week ago so they better had haha
Original post by Abi1997

no news is good news
Original post by WeslshStudent101
Really? I have always been told they count the one with a higher value in terms of grades?

Sorry, I'm getting confused with remarks :tongue: . It's too early in the morning :coffee:

What?!!! My track updated omg!!! I got unconditional offer from oxford but theres no changes to the course - am i in????

Congratulations! :smile: . If it says unconditional, you're in! :h:

Original post by katherine9609
Shocking results but still got an email from my firm saying I got in 😌

Well done! :smile: . How're you feeling? :smile:
Got an email from my firm! I'm in!
School doesn't open 'til 9:30 and I'm sooo nervous :frown: I slept for like 20 mins :s-smilie:
Original post by Abi1997

Don't panic, it could be that your firm and insurance don't send emails till track opens, hang in there :smile:

Ah!!!! Mine's still stuck on maintenance! Though really well done, hope you enjoy Oxford :smile:

If you don't want to go, don't go.

Maybe have a look at the Clearing places available to you?

Original post by Abi1997

Don't be :nah: . Wait until Track updates :h:
Track is still inaccessible :tongue:
Can't wait.
Original post by emiloujess
Thank you :smile: Yeah they'll be open, opened at 7 I think. Also if Track doesn't update again until 12 does that mean, assuming Aber does a quick release, I won't see my Clearing number til then? Is there any way I can get hold of it if that happens?

It'll probably be midday - but ring BU once you have the OK from aber. There are ways to see a clearing application without a clearing number.

Quick Reply

Latest