The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

i got AABB in my AS results and i got the Bs for maths and chemistry - 221/300 and 224/300 do you think its is possible for me to improve them to an A next year without doing any resits? i really need some advice can someone please help me and im planning to study medicine.
Original post by JoshC98
Got A*A*A in maths, further maths and economics respectively, will now go on to study economics at Bath! Absolutely ecstatic!

Original post by conscscscsc
Now that everything's calmed down, I got A*AAAa and accepted into LSE for BSc International relations! :biggrin:

Well done guys :awesome:
Original post by melinalouise
Feel a bit late to this, but I got ABBE in geography, chemistry, biology and maths respectively, will my E in maths prevent me from doing chemistry at uni?:s-smilie:

At the top universities, yes it will. Maths and Chemistry at B or above is a usual requirement for them. But check out the entry requirement pages of other Universities to find out exactly where most of them stand. However, if a University doesn't require maths, they will disregard your E grade, and just look at the ABB, which is a fantastic set of results, no matter what any previous poster has told you about BBE looking bad :facepalm:
Original post by target21859
I made it home!!!!!! Sheie

Lightweight :tongue:
Original post by Wired_1800
Hi,

sorry to hear that. It is a strange story that I think you should appeal or write a formal letter with supporting evidence if available. You should also seek to contact someone with authority like the Head of Department or a University Professor in your course. they may intervene on your behalf.

If you got into your firm choice, then you got in and they cannot be full. The UCAS system is a contractual agreement and once you meet your grades and the conditions attached to your offer, then I don't think that they can turn you down or defer your course, if it is not agreed by you.

If you can visit your university, then I suggest that you do that and put your case forward in person. Sending emails and phone calls may not be that effective. You should also show that you completed the DBS checks for other Universities and that you DID NOT receive the check forms from your firm choice.

If all goes against you and you feel that you want to defer your course, then feel free to do so. However, you must ensure that you have exhausted every option from your point of view.

It is also weird that they did not send your reminders to complete the forms, if it claim that they sent the forms to you. Ask them to show you the evidence that they sent you the email to complete the DBS checks.

Good luck though. I hope it works out well in the end.

Yeh it is really strange because they are adamant they sent it out through EMAIL AND POST! My mother always checks the mail and if anything is addressing me e.g unis etc shell let me know or open them on my behalf she her self is 100℅ certain I didn't receive no reminders no dBs forms in the post. My emails never get deleted yet I have got a 10 or so emails from the uni which is just general emails such as "have a live chat" "nightlife" etc. Nothing no phone call.mail or.email. I don't understand how I can get penalised for something I didn't do. Also unis can't be "full" since caps were removed? I'm going to speak later on today.
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Yeh it is really strange because they are adamant they sent it out through EMAIL AND POST! My mother always checks the mail and if anything is addressing me e.g unis etc shell let me know or open them on my behalf she her self is 100℅ certain I didn't receive no reminders no dBs forms in the post. My emails never get deleted yet I have got a 10 or so emails from the uni which is just general emails such as "have a live chat" "nightlife" etc. Nothing no phone call.mail or.email. I don't understand how I can get penalised for something I didn't do. Also unis can't be "full" since caps were removed? I'm going to speak later on today.

Continue to contact them. I suggest that you go to visit, if you can. That way, you can ask for evidence that they sent you the email. If you can print out your email inbox chain, then take that along.

You need to be persistent, but polite. Try to see whether an influential person in the department like the Head of Department can intervene on this matter. Most of the time, these people are Admission Tutors and are following processes, so it isn't their fault.

Good luck.
Original post by emiloujess
All confirmed on Track now :biggrin: Accommodation sorted, student finance changed, postal address on UCAS changed to my parents' because I might move out of my current accommodation before they send anything... everything is perfect, just waiting for my login details to get on the BU portal :biggrin:

Just wanted to say congrats! After all the changes regarding your course choice and the worry and stress around exams and results it's good to see you sorted and happy! Really hope all goes brilliant from here on - good luck :smile:

And on a general note - well done to everyone - you survived the dreaded results day!!! Wishing you good luck in the next phase.
Original post by Jack.Ball
I have a quick question, do you keep the higher mark in an OCR repeat situation?

If you re-sit, then yes. If you re-mark, then it's the latest result which counts :yep:
Anyone going to the Uni of Leeds received any sort of email from the University?
Original post by naz.97
I'd say put option 1 to the side because remarking a paper where you already got an A in is unlikely to change. You should phone Warwick and see if they'd still take you if you manage to convince them, so get them to reconsider you.
If that doesn't work then, you should search through clearing for other universities who are offering to study law. If you don't find something suitable, then consider looking at other courses available in clearing for Warwick / other universities
Finally, if this doesn't work either, then that leaves you with option 2

Hey, sorry I just realised that I meant to write I got a *B in history. I was 4 marks off an A. Do you know who I contact to try and convince them? I remember the law department said on their website they'd consider people who went to open days and showed an interest in Warwick. *
Original post by humzaakram1
Anyone going to the Uni of Leeds received any sort of email from the University?

No, I'm totally freaking out, not even like a welcome email or anything. It also said on my track that is actually been confirmed on 15th of August 😂
Original post by Kate_6464
No, I'm totally freaking out, not even like a welcome email or anything. It also said on my track that is actually been confirmed on 15th of August 😂

Some Universities won't email you for up to two weeks, some will send you a welcome pack in the post. Just because you haven't heard, even though A-level Results Day finished 10 hours ago and Clearing isn't closed yet, doesn't mean it's a bad thing. Enjoy the fact you've got into University! :tongue:
Reply 9492
Well we are here, the day after judgement day and nothing has changed. Just a long wait for uni now :frown: 36 days for me.
Once your place is confirmed you don't have to do anything afterwards, right? Like phoning them up to accept the place.
Hey, many of you might remember me posting about my stress and anxiety a couple of days before results day.

I'd just like to thank everyone for their support here, and them dank memes. I just about made my firm uni offer, though I don't even know if I want to go there anymore.

Best of luck to everyone for the future, I'm sure you've all done well, regardless of the grades. You should be immensely proud of yourself for making it through 14+ years of the education system!
I'm doubting the idea of going to university this year now :/ i couldn't get my course changed so i'm stuck on a course that i'm not 100% confident that i'm happy about, and i got my accommodation offer yesterday and they've given me the accommodation that i put last on my list :frown: and there's no chance of changing. it's just really bummed me out and made the whole uni idea a bit less appealing

part of me wants to reapply for the course i wanted next year with the grades that I have now and then reapply for accommodation too. but that scares me cos i might not even get an offer omg
Original post by Serine Soul
Hey, many of you might remember me posting about my stress and anxiety a couple of days before results day.

I'd just like to thank everyone for their support here, and them dank memes. I just about made my firm uni offer, though I don't even know if I want to go there anymore.

Best of luck to everyone for the future, I'm sure you've all done well, regardless of the grades. You should be immensely proud of yourself for making it through 14+ years of the education system!

Well done in getting into your firm choice. What is that about you not knowing whether you want to go there anymore? Is something wrong with the course or uni?

You may simply just have fear of the unknown. If I may ask, which University will you be enrolling in?

Good luck for the future and I am sure things will get better.
Original post by Wired_1800
Well done in getting into your firm choice. What is that about you not knowing whether you want to go there anymore? Is something wrong with the course or uni?

You may simply just have fear of the unknown. If I may ask, which University will you be enrolling in?

Good luck for the future and I am sure things will get better.

It is cambridge, i hope she goes she deserves it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kate_6464

Do you have a log in for an applicant portal (https://leedsportal.leeds.ac.uk/uollogin/login.html ?)
If not then http://students.leeds.ac.uk/info/10101/arrival/977/new_students is what they'll probably be directing you towards soon.

https://twitter.com/UniversityLeeds/status/766227931953856512 talks about specific twitter accounts to follow if you're on twitter - there;s likely to be similar things on facebook
Original post by target21859
Once your place is confirmed you don't have to do anything afterwards, right? Like phoning them up to accept the place.

Read your AS12 letter on Track.

There's different letters for different universities - some need you to do something to confirm your place (most don't though :wink:)

If you've got your AS12 letter that's what you normally need to set up your student account too :yes:

Quick Reply

Latest