The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheHammeredDog
Anxiety for results day keeps kicking in and making me feel sick, lovely stuff

Same!! I really need to calm down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PQ
You'll all be reminiscing about exam boards next year when you're at uni and exam papers are set by lecturers, half the time there aren't any past papers and there's no mark schemes or similar available....

At least the markschemes aren't stupid like they were in A-Levels though. :tongue: Like in A-Level Biology, where sometimes you had to put the word "tall" instead of "long" or another word that means the exact same thing otherwise you wouldn't get any marks. :dry:
Original post by usycool1
At least the markschemes aren't stupid like they were in A-Levels though. :tongue: Like in A-Level Biology, where sometimes you had to put the word "tall" instead of "long" or another word that means the exact same thing otherwise you wouldn't get any marks. :dry:

Biology mark schemes were the source of many a rage during class and revision. Just praying my answers lined up with their awfully specific wording...
Original post by usycool1

True - it's as much about understanding the markers as about the mark scheme at uni though.

I only passed some modules because I targetted the content and questions that I knew would be marked by one lecturer who was particularly generous (and avoiding professor [redacted] questions because he was a nasty bastard)
Am I the only one who thinks AS AQA Physics paper 2 and Chemistry paper 1 were hard papers :s-smilie::biggrin:
Might have to try this approach for next year lol! I sometimes wonder what exactly will get you higher marks in uni exams. It's a whole different ball game compared to A levels that's for sure!
Original post by PQ
True - it's as much about understanding the markers as about the mark scheme at uni though.

I only passed some modules because I targetted the content and questions that I knew would be marked by one lecturer who was particularly generous (and avoiding professor [redacted] questions because he was a nasty bastard)
I'm having a recurring dream about getting A*A*A....
Shame that's all it'll ever be - a dream :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah thats so true, I scroll through the messages most days and it keeps me sane. Good to know others are experiencing the same amount of mental anguish :shakehand:

Original post by smegsxo
Honestly, the more people post in here and the more I have to read on this thread the better I feel. Keeps my mind occupied and reassures me others feel the same I guess!
Where do we find which unis and courses are in clearing?
Original post by SCIENCE :D
This is crazy. Did anybody here do WJEC A2 Biology this year?

I did and I really do not know how to feel about those exams :s-smilie: How'd you find them?
Original post by HassanAftab
Where do we find which unis and courses are in clearing?

http://search.ucas.com/
Reply 1931
Well spent a productive day of looking into possible clearing courses. So unless my grades are really low (BCC) I'm fine. If they are tgat low a gap year+ resit will likely be in the cards.
Original post by PotatoChip
I did and I really do not know how to feel about those exams :s-smilie: How'd you find them?

I was annoyed after BY4 because I nailed all of the past papers, but then the actual paper was nothing like previous years. BY5 was slightly better I felt, however was still quiet difficult.
Just wanted to say! GOOD LUCK YOU GUYS! ahh, my results day was last year xD
I was annoyed after BY4 because I nailed all of the past papers, but then the actual paper was nothing like previous years. BY5 was slightly better I felt, however was still quiet difficult.

I agree with you so much! I felt so confident after doing every past paper for both BY4 and BY5 and was getting the required grades. The only things I did like about both papers though, were the essay questions. They were a godsend. I just hope the grade boundaries will be low.
Original post by PotatoChip
I agree with you so much! I felt so confident after doing every past paper for both BY4 and BY5 and was getting the required grades. The only things I did like about both papers though, were the essay questions. They were a godsend. I just hope the grade boundaries will be low.

Yes I agree, the essay questions were good. The grade boundaries should hopefully be low, Whatever happens Good luck...
Yes I agree, the essay questions were good. The grade boundaries should hopefully be low, Whatever happens Good luck...

Yes, good luck to you too! And to everyone else. Everything will work out fine
If I need to resit things next year, am I allowed to do them through self-study instead of attending lessons?
Original post by tanyapotter
If I need to resit things next year, am I allowed to do them through self-study instead of attending lessons?

is it possible? yes of course - you could do a levels completely through your own teaching

it's more down to whether or not your school will allow it. it doesn't break any rules though so you shouldn't have to. and they would be wrong to force you
Reply 1939
Original post by tanyapotter

My school won't let us attend lessons because of the new spec so we have to self-study.
So yeah, but depends on the center.

Quick Reply

Latest