a199
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
How was the exam?
I did streetcar and bloody chamber, what are your thoughts ?
abbieayinde
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Streetcar questions were good do you think? Didn't like the masculinity question felt like the Blanche question was a bit open to interpretation
nomnomnomm
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i personally found the streetcar question pretty ok, i picked the blanche one and wrote something about she was delusional because of this, delusional because of that.... i also talked about mental illness just so i could jam in some context about tw's sister with the mental illness but looking back on it im not sure that was wise
oh well.... i guess we'll see on results day....!!

EDIT: we only had to do one question from each section, right?
abbieayinde
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wish I wrote about Blanche being delusional properly I couldn't get the words out for my topic sentence so it was a bloody mess but have you seen OCR's marked previous essays on streetcar? Someone didn't refer to the question once in their essay and they got a bloody 26! That's a B!!! There's hope 😌
nomnomnomm
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
seriously?? oh gosh... that means theres hope for me too, i couldnt stop quoting the question all the way thru "blanche cant 'face the truth' because..." etc etc... im mainly just worried about the critics? i just put one, how many were we supposed to put in??....
a199
Rep:
?
(Original post by abbieayinde)
Streetcar questions were good do you think? Didn't like the masculinity question felt like the Blanche question was a bit open to interpretation
I quite liked it, I mean I don't know if it was what the examiner wanted but I wrote 5 pages about the Blanche questions saying that it's not her who can't face the truth, rather it's her fear of others I interpretation the the 'truth' fingers crossed, because I absolutely failed paper 1
a199
Rep:
?
(Original post by nomnomnomm)
i personally found the streetcar question pretty ok, i picked the blanche one and wrote something about she was delusional because of this, delusional because of that.... i also talked about mental illness just so i could jam in some context about tw's sister with the mental illness but looking back on it im not sure that was wise

Ahaha my friends and I were saying how we wanted to link to Stella but there was no real link for Blanche and stellar in the particular question... I too wanted to mention the mental illness to show my very vage knowledge of context, I just couldn't find any way in doing so, so hats off to you, and all the best
a199
Rep:
?

Ahaha my friends and I were saying how we wanted to link to Stella but there was no real link for Blanche and stella in the particular question... I too wanted to mention the mental illness to show my very vague knowledge of context, I just couldn't find any way in doing so, so hats off to you, and all the best
nomnomnomm
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by a199)
Ahaha my friends and I were saying how we wanted to link to Stella but there was no real link for Blanche and stellar in the particular question... I too wanted to mention the mental illness to show my very vage knowledge of context, I just couldn't find any way in doing so, so hats off to you, and all the best
thanks, i'm really worried but overall quite happy with how i did good luck at results day!
a199
Rep:
?
seriously?? oh gosh... that means theres hope for me too, i couldnt stop quoting the question all the way thru "blanche cant 'face the truth' because..." etc etc... im mainly just worried about the critics? i just put one, how many were we supposed to put in??....
We were not taught critics all we ever did was literally go through one hour of our teacher give her own interpretation and how it links to her own life, I had no mention of critics, other than myself of course, so I hope that does not have a detrimental effect on my overall grade
OddFuturez
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
they gave the easiest street car questions possible which was good, bloody chamber was abit strange though
nomnomnomm
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by a199)
We were not taught critics all we ever did was literally go through one hour of our teacher give her own interpretation and how it links to her own life, I had no mention of critics, other than myself of course, so I hope that was not have a detrimental effect on my overall grade
wait, really? i remember my teacher saying "you need to remember 8 critics... something something queer theory feminist theory etc etc etc" (obvs i couldnt remember any of them on the day so i just kind of... made one up ) m...maybe they don't have any impact on the overall grade?? i'm really hoping thats the case
OddFuturez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Critics are important; A05 is 20% of the assement objectives for this exam.
nomnomnomm
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by OddFuturez)
oh dear is including just one ok?
a199
Rep:
?
they gave the easiest street car questions possible which was good, bloody chamber was abit strange though
Yes, the questions were same as the candidate essays just worded differently
a199
Rep:
?
wait, really? i remember my teacher saying "you need to remember 8 critics... something something queer theory feminist theory etc etc etc" (obvs i couldnt remember any of them on the day so i just kind of... made one up ) m...maybe they don't have any impact on the overall grade?? i'm really hoping thats the case
That's dissappinting, so thank your very much Mrs xxxx, at least you guys had critics
a199
Rep:
?
Clearly not as important as my teacher's life
OddFuturez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
oh dear is including just one ok?
Probably not, you at least 5 I would say, in the last weeks paper did you mention critics for Shakespeare? But overall it shouldn't influence your grade too much
OddFuturez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Elia Kazan is the easiest/clutch critic 😂
nomnomnomm
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Probably not, you at least 5 I would say, in the last weeks paper did you mention critics for Shakespeare? But overall it shouldn't influence your grade too much
yeah lots! AND OH NO AT LEAST 5, OH NOO, OH SHIIIT
shiiit
20 % is quite a lot tho well... whats done is done i guess....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (154)
4.92%
Uncertainty around my education (461)
14.72%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (350)
11.17%
Lack of purpose or motivation (436)
13.92%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (148)
4.73%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (188)
6%
Loneliness (270)
8.62%
Financial worries (113)
3.61%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (126)
4.02%
Exposure to negative news/social media (142)
4.53%
Lack of real life entertainment (171)
5.46%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (278)
8.88%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (295)
9.42%

Watched Threads