Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Here is the Story:

After my first year I had to repeat few modules.
    I come back as a "part-time student on full-time basis"(SF sees this as simply full-time) redo few modules and pass(full funding from SF).

Apply for funding for second year and I get it.
    Second year begins, halfway through first semester my mental health deteriorates further (generalised-anxiety and panic attacks) and I'm forced to take a leave of absence.

Went into treatment, it helped.

Reapply for student funding, my application is refused. Reason being I have used my "gift year" for my resits.
    Got a job and went uni part-time(only 2 modules) and paid for it myself.

Now(like this week) I was made aware by student union that I can apply for Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) and that I was(and still am)eligible for part-time funding.

Questions:
    How do I apply for CPR? Can't find anything official on-line. Already managed to get a letter from GP confirming that I couldn't attend during that period because of generalised-anxiety.

Is this true? Can I get funding for part-time?? I was ill-advised by student finance and my university before so I don't fully trust the advice of the student union. Hopefully I can.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 26, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.