Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Aqa AS English Lit 26th may 2016 Aspects of tragedy paper 2 Watch

ReputationRep:
    How are villains seen as causing physical harm
    -villains use physical beauty
    -Isabella's brothers caused physical harm as they killed Lorenzo and they also killed Isabella by doing that
    - la belle- title of the poem shows she will cause harm
    - Uses of body parts to describe knight show physical harm and same with Isabella (used quotes
    - Talked about rhyme scheme and how it affects poem
    - Talked about extract and picked out quotes

Gatsby- how does his obsession with Daisy cause his tragic isolation
    -obsession is his tragic flaw so it is going to cause his downfall in terms of tragedy
    - his obsession with time and wanting daisy to be how he was 5 years ago
    - He risks himself for love as he thinks by doing that she will love him
    - People could say that Tom or George caused his downfall but his obsession with daisy caused him to say he was driving and caused him to die
    - He got into bootlegging to try and get into a better class and got punished for it as Fitzgerald shows that the American Dream is unattainable as even when you've made it you're never completely happy
    I think it went terribly also can you retake it next year? Could you have a guess at what mark I've got? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conceited)
    That was gruesome. They were so sneaky with the Gatsby question :bird:, I answered it initially as a 'tragic downfall' question but then managed to salvage it when I realized it was 'tragic isolation'.

The Keats question was good though.
    That sounds good I feel the wording of the questions were terrible I hope the grade bounaries are low but I doubt it

ReputationRep:
    The Keats question I ended up having to save myself from just discussing cruelty, and tried to mention physical. I said that in La Belle, because the reader isn't aware of the situation that the knight is in: alive or dead. Then we cannot conclude as to whether or not she has been physically cruel. I made a slight reference to Lamia also.
    In TGG I also made the point that Gatsby would always be isolated because of the prejudiced views against him and the new money. I said that his isolation is physically shown by how He is in East Egg, whilst Daisy and Tom are separated from him in West Egg. I also linked this to the green light in that his obsession with reliving the past to make his ideal 'origastic future' contributed towards his isolation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danimillie)
    The Keats question I ended up having to save myself from just discussing cruelty, and tried to mention physical. I said that in La Belle, because the reader isn't aware of the situation that the knight is in: alive or dead. Then we cannot conclude as to whether or not she has been physically cruel. I made a slight reference to Lamia also.
    In TGG I also made the point that Gatsby would always be isolated because of the prejudiced views against him and the new money. I said that his isolation is physically shown by how He is in East Egg, whilst Daisy and Tom are separated from him in West Egg. I also linked this to the green light in that his obsession with reliving the past to make his ideal 'origastic future' contributed towards his isolation
    Thats exactly what i wrote but confused with the keats question 👎🏻

ReputationRep:
    Did you do the Lit A or B? if A then what were the questions, I can remember some of it, but it's abit vague

ReputationRep:
    i did lit B it was a question on Hardy's poems and Tess of the d'urbevilles i think i did so terribly :'( damn if only had more time and better questions i am so worries im going to fail

ReputationRep:
    do you guys think the grade boundaries are going to be low? i hope they are :{ can someone predict what the grade boundaries could be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerald17)
    do you guys think the grade boundaries are going to be low? i hope they are :{ can someone predict what the grade boundaries could be?
    I really hope they're gonna be low but I don't know what they are sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloeexoxo)
    I really hope they're gonna be low but I don't know what they are sorry
    its okay ahh ty i hope so too!

ReputationRep:
    How many tragic words did you all use?

ReputationRep:
    For the Othello extract question, what act and scene was the extract from?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.