Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to uni in september to start my Computer Science undergraduate degree (at Liverpool University). I don't want to spend the summer holiday lounging around doing nothing. So I've come up with the brilliant idea of starting a programming project. I'm very proficient in python and SQL and I'm learning JS, I'm still on the basics though, as in declaring variables and stuff :/

I'm not sure what I could do tbh for a project any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Think of a problem, or something that you need or something that you think people will need that doesn't exist. There is no point in doing something that has been done before.

ReputationRep:
    If you have some cash, get a raspberry pi and some electronic sensors, try to get the data from the sensors and display on a live webpage. Will sound pointless but the knowledge you gain from doing that will benefit you a lot. You'll pick up skills from writing simple servers, IO interfacing with pi, some web skills etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigboateng_)
    If you have some cash, get a raspberry pi and some electronic sensors, try to get the data from the sensors and display on a live webpage. Will sound pointless but the knowledge you gain from doing that will benefit you a lot. You'll pick up skills from writing simple servers, IO interfacing with pi, some web skills etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hell yea, I did something similar for my Computing A2 project. Except I custom built arduino based embedded systems in addition to using raspberry pi's. Sounds like a simple project, but I ended up using PHP, SQL, Javascript, Python and C++, not even mentioning all the electronics knowledge I gained.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigboateng_)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's a good idea, I think Ill try doing that thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.