The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Classical Civilisation Art and Architecture

Any predictions/tips about this exam?? I have this exam at the end of 4 consecutive days of exams so I'm trying to get a big part of the revision done now as there's so much content :frown:
I feel your pain, I'm doing this exam and there's so much stuff!! I've made a massive powerpoint with a slide for each vase/scuplture etc to test myself on all the different details! I'm worrying too how I will remember everything D:
Reply 2
Original post by fairy0018
I feel your pain, I'm doing this exam and there's so much stuff!! I've made a massive powerpoint with a slide for each vase/scuplture etc to test myself on all the different details! I'm worrying too how I will remember everything D:

Any chance you could share that powerpoint with me? Can never have too many revision materials :')
Reply 3
Original post by fairy0018

please? ;u; I can give you a huge document of facts about every free-standing sculpture in return
Hey! sorry I've not been at home, course! I'll share it now :smile: and yes please that would be a big help!

It's a keynote document on macbook, will you be able to convert it?
Reply 5
Hey (: Sorry to bother you guys, but is there any chance i could see that powerpoint too?! D: I'm struggling big time figuring out what aspects to revise and getting worried.
Reply 6
Hey, would you mind sending it to me too-i'm freaking out about how much there is and I'm not sure how much detail i need everything in. :O
Any chance I could be sent the ppt too? I know it's less than a day before the exam I just want to make sure I've learnt everything I possibly could! X
Our class have predicted that there'll be a temples/vases context question and the essays will be on sculptures (we hope!)
Sorry for the delay of uploading the powerpoint, I'm having real struggles uploading it on here! If any of you still want it just drop me your email and I'll send it to you :smile:

I'm a bit worried about free standing sculpture! I'm fine talking about it when I have the images of the said sculpture in front of me, but know I'll struggle recalling other ones from memory! :frown:
Reply 10
ahhh I'm panicking :frown: hoping I can just use lots of technical terms and make it sound good ¬.¬
I'm getting worried about vases, i can't even picture the last 7...
Reply 12
Original post by TheHistoryGeek
I'm getting worried about vases, i can't even picture the last 7...

our class didn't even do vases so whatever the other question is i'll have to answer it :') praying it's not sanctuaries
Reply 13
how did every1 find it?
I found it okay! Was happy about the vases question as that's what I know best :smile:

then for section B I chose the bold and innovative question about sculptors, talked about notable people like polykleitas, praxilteles, skopas etc, just worry I didn't talk in enough detail for everything! seems to hard to get the top grade boundaries!

How did you find it?
Reply 15
I found it alright too, hadn't revised the Acropolis barely at all but knew enough to put together the essays :')
I also did the question on free-standing sculpture but found it a little difficult because of how broad it was, I felt like the question didn't make me think of describing the sculptures in detail so idk if I'll lose marks for that :frown:
Feels like I either smashed it or got a mediocre mark, so I guess we'll see on results day :tongue:

A friend in my class read the sculptures question wrong and thought she should only mention one sculpture so am praying for her LOL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending