Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    guys has anybody done an unofficial mark acheme for the exam tiday thanksxxx

ReputationRep:
    Still looking :-( can you remember any of the questions a lovely person on here has offered to work through them if we can remember them... i personally was in so much of a tizz its all a blur.....

ReputationRep:
    Yeah does anyone know what a C is?

ReputationRep:
    Dwayne and ivors plumbing came up.. they both worked the same number hours and paid the same... something like that.. needed to find the number of hours..
    Cost= 40*numberhoursworked+17.5
    Cost=35×number of hours worked +40

ReputationRep:
    The other one was lesson timetable..
    Lesson 1 started 8:50
    Lesson 2 and break and lesson 3 in between lesson 2 and 3 there was 15 mins break.
    Lesson 3 ended 11:50
    How many minutes were each lesson

ReputationRep:
    I think the plumbing one was X=4.5 . The lessons I think we're 55 minutes each . What did you all get for the area of the triangle? I got 48 but made a big deal in working it out, didn't realise it was base times height divided by 2 doh x

ReputationRep:
    I did 55 mins too, but I was under so much pressure, I ended up not devided and did 165. I hope I still get a mark.
    The triangle one, I measured base x height but again I was panicking so much I forgot to devide by 2. Do you guys think you still get marks for careless mistakes like those?

Another one was the meal deal one, were when you buy 1 drink and 1 snack you get 45p off or something like that, I did the calculation and I did the snacks which were a tea, another tea a biscuit and a scone all together it added, I need to completely get this second paper down or I'm screwed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dimitriskyt)
    I did 55 mins too, but I was under so much pressure, I ended up not devided and did 165. I hope I still get a mark.
    The triangle one, I measured base x height but again I was panicking so much I forgot to devide by 2. Do you guys think you still get marks for careless mistakes like those?

Another one was the meal deal one, were when you buy 1 drink and 1 snack you get 45p off or something like that, I did the calculation and I did the snacks which were a tea, another tea a biscuit and a scone all together it added, I need to completely get this second paper down or I'm screwed.
    You'd probably get some marks for working out , even if you put the wrong answer I'm not too sure. I thought the paper was ok but it's my stronger paper, im dreading the calculator in 2 weeks 😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulab123)
    I think the plumbing one was X=4.5 . The lessons I think we're 55 minutes each . What did you all get for the area of the triangle? I got 48 but made a big deal in working it out, didn't realise it was base times height divided by 2 doh x
    I got 36 I'm pretty sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elliepinhorne)
    I got 36 I'm pretty sure
    Oh dear, I got 48 , I wonder who's right then lol x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yumz83)
    Dwayne and ivors plumbing came up.. they both worked the same number hours and paid the same... something like that.. needed to find the number of hours..
    Cost= 40*numberhoursworked+17.5
    Cost=35×number of hours worked +40
    The answer is 4.5

I did the AQA GCSE Maths Linear B higher paper, but yes that was the answer.

ReputationRep:
    I had written down 5 for the plumbing one... i didnt get time so just wrote whatever ..

ReputationRep:
    Q1) Was about the cars. It wanted you to fill out the tally chart. I know that there were 20,14,16 and 10.
    The key represents 4 cars

A)There was one about snacks. Someone has £2 to by a drink and a snack. What can they buy? It was 1 tea and 1 biscuit
    B) the second part of this question was about a meal deal. The meal deal is cheaper than buying the items separately. I got the muffin is £1.15

Another question was find the length of the hypotenuse. One side was 6cm the other was 8cm. I squared the 6 & 8 added them together to get 100 then square rooted it for 10cm.

There was a cuboid question. Each ball has a diameter of 5cm. What is the volume of of the cuboid? I did 15x10x5= 750cm3

The plumbers question was about balancing. I got 4.5

A) The soup one. I said as the temperature increased the sales of soup decreased.
    B) At 7℃ the sales of soup was 500

Thete was the counters one. Find the probability of red counters

There were 500 counters 50 were red, 100 were yellow, 150 were blue? 200 were green?
    The probabilities were R=0.1 Y=0.2 B=0.3 G=0.4

The yellow counters are removed. Whats the probability of getting a yellow now?
    500-100=400
    Yellow = 50/400=1/8 or 0.125

The last question was about dice.
    A) There was 4 dice, only 3 had numbers. Find out the 4th.
    The 3 dice was
    The median is 0.5 less than the mean.

I got the 4th dice as 4

B) 4 dice again. No numbers given.
    The median is 0.5 less than the range.

I got 1,1,2,3

ReputationRep:
    Also there was a question where you had to find the volume which was 750cm3.
    Measure the angle of the triangle, I thought it was roughly 53 degrees
    The Pythagoras Theorem question was 10cm
    The perimeter answer was 16cm NOT 48cm because the question simply referred to the shaded part!

ReputationRep:
    Yes i put down 53 degrees for that question.. and 16cm for the perimeter question.

ReputationRep:
    I think the calculator papers going to be hard! Really need a c to pass.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I got 16 for the perimeter . What about the area of the triangle ? I got 48 ? Also , were they asking for input or output on the number machine question?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.