Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thanx to those who helped me write out that letter, I got the following reply from them. Damn I didnt get it.
    I dont want to take a year out, im gonna sulk now.

Hello,
    Unfortunately the course is already full for September 2004 and so
    we do not go into clearing and we would not be able to change your
    offer. However if you attain the grades then you will be able to
    apply for September 2005.
    Thank you Helena

ReputationRep:
    what course was that for?
    Nasty admin tutors!

ReputationRep:
    oh you poor thing have you got a backup?

Hmm, damn. You're not the only one, my sister has had 6/6 rejections and she's very clever.

A years break might be good for you though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    Nasty admin tutors!
    They can't do anything if the course is already full though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    Nasty admin tutors!

Psychology in Man Uni.
    The thing is, I did apply for them, but they wanted ABB and my teachers predicted me BCC, so they rejected me. This was last October.
    Now Im predicted AAB, so I emailed them asking that I had imroved, but they had no places left. Got Bad Luck.

I do have a backup Man Met, they only wnat CCC, so a girl who is achieving AAB shouldnt go to a uni who wnat only 240 points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    They can't do anything if the course is already full though.
    I know...something similar happened to me...was rejected from med from all my options for stupid reasons and only ended up with offers for my other two courses.... :mad:
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAh, Manchester! They are like that...

ReputationRep:
    Did you get the school involved and ask your head of year to personally speak to them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Did you get the school involved and ask your head of year to personally speak to them?

No, cos its too late now, I dont go to college anymore and they have no places left. I was waiting to see what my May predicted grades would be, BCC to AAB is a big jump and I put all my time and effort into resitting most of my AS subjects to improve da grades. I told Man Uni about this, but they cant do naything now. But I was thinking, what If someone doesnt make the grades, would they then let others in on results day???

ReputationRep:
    When the school changed your predictions, did they not notify the universities?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)

No, why should they? Its too late now any way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)

i agree, that is something they should have done. i seriously think you should notify the school of what has happened to you, as that might stop it from happening to other students.
    aww, bless. do you know where you are going to go now? dont sulk. read the sig and take life as it comes *dramatic sigh*

neha
    xxxx

ReputationRep:
    I think the school should have notified them. You don't know for sure it's too late. Try getting in contact with your school and see if they can do anything. A university is more likely to take note if your head of year speaks to them than you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    I know...something similar happened to me...was rejected from med from all my options for stupid reasons and only ended up with offers for my other two courses.... :mad:
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAh, Manchester! They are like that...
    What were the "stupid reasons?" Medicine is a highly competitive course, they have thousands of very good applicants and can't take everybody. I'm sorry you were unlucky, what are you going to do instead?

ReputationRep:
    I hate Manchester, they weren't very accommodating to me either. Even when i met their offer they didn't give me a place. Are there any other institutions you'd be interested in going to or is it only really Manchester you're interested in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I hate Manchester, they weren't very accommodating to me either. Even when i met their offer they didn't give me a place. Are there any other institutions you'd be interested in going to or is it only really Manchester you're interested in?

Manchester, cos I only live 5 miles off, and I want to stay at home, cos I get a car dis way, otherwise I would have to take a loan out, and I dont wnat to do that.

ReputationRep:
    Uh oh, sorry to hear that Blue. Possibly wait untill sept and see if anyone drops out? Cant think of anything else, sorry...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Investmentboy)
    Uh oh, sorry to hear that Blue. Possibly wait untill sept and see if anyone drops out? Cant think of anything else, sorry...

I emailed them again, asking if any one dropped out, would I have a chance?
    She replied with this:

Hello,
    We have offered over our limit to allow for this and also to allow for
    the drop off in the first semester. As I have said before we will not
    be going into clearing. I am very sorry.
    Thank you Helena

Looks like I would now have to end up in the *****est Uni of all Man Met (sorry if I caused offence to anyone who goes there.)
    Or become a house wife, gotta find a husband first, lol.

(Original post by BlueAngel)
    Thanx to those who helped me write out that letter, I got the following reply from them. Damn I didnt get it.
    I dont want to take a year out, im gonna sulk now.

Hello,
    Unfortunately the course is already full for September 2004 and so
    we do not go into clearing and we would not be able to change your
    offer. However if you attain the grades then you will be able to
    apply for September 2005.
    Thank you Helena
    aw that's such a *******,

the admin tutors at manchester were ******s anyway, i had about 5 people assessing me in my interview, 2 professors, 1 dentist, and 2 students

it was horrible but the only reason i put it down for my insurance was because its a respectable institution
    thats the only reason ( and the nightlife is ok )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    Manchester, cos I only live 5 miles off, and I want to stay at home, cos I get a car dis way, otherwise I would have to take a loan out, and I dont wnat to do that.
    i feel for you, cos you have worked hard to get the new predicted grades that you have, all i can say is try and get a decent gap year going or get a job that will get u enough money for the first few months of uni next year.

because really you do want to go to a good uni, and its better that you do go to a decent one instead of the one that offered u CCC. if it helps you feel better more and more people are taking gap year, for the course i applied to an average of 40% of people getting in have already done it.

good luck anyway

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.