Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Other sources of funding (NHS and Social work bursaries) watch

    • TSR Support Team
    • Thread Starter

    TSR Support Team
    You won’t be able to get a Postgraduate Loan if you are able to apply for a healthcare bursary, or are receiving a social work bursary, from:
    • National Health Service (NHS),
    • Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety (DHSSPS), or
    • Student Award Agency Scotland (SAAS).
    You can find out more about who can get a Postgraduate Loan in the Student Finance Zone.

    Are all students eligible for NHS Bursaries absolutely not able to apply?

    In my situation, I will be interrupting my medical degree to study for an intercalated MSc. I am therefore eligible for an NHS Bursary for tuition fees - this however doesn't even cover 50% of my tuition fees - students that started medical degrees before tuition fees increase in 2012, can only apply for max of 3,465 pounds towards their tuition fees. My MSc costs 8,700 - that doesn't even cover 50% of the amount...
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.