Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm still at uni but when I graduate (or possibly before that), I want to start my own restaurant.
    I have 20k saved up. If I can find 2/3 other people with the same amount of money, will that be enough?

ReputationRep:
    It really does depend on where you want to locate, baring in mind the costs of expenses as well... generally a restaurant has high start-up costs so you need to calculate everything beforehand

ReputationRep:
    part of my accountancy module included alot of the information about starting up businesses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oooo0)
    I'm still at uni but when I graduate (or possibly before that), I want to start my own restaurant.
    I have 20k saved up. If I can find 2/3 other people with the same amount of money, will that be enough?
    Let me know what you do, I'll come and work for you if possible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oooo0)
    it worthy of consideration and depend on the style and expectation of restaurants in the market your going into
    as £60,000 (£20k X 3)will get you a backstreet cafe or greasy spoon set up
    a subway is the cheapest food retail franchise at around £300,000 then you get a mcdonalds at £500,000 or a burger king at £800,000
    but a decent gastropub or italian/american/japanese restaurant will be £350,000 to £2 or 3 million

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.