The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level Biology Paper 1 As 26/5/16

Hey everyone,
I have just sat the new spec bio 1 exam. I found it pretty tricky. I have been scoring As and Bs on all the previous spec papers but really don't know what to think of this one? Did anybody else find it hard? Any ideas where the grade boundaries might sit? Any access to leaked mark schemes?

I felt the paper set up was different to previous specs and am pretty worried I've messed up.
Reply 1
Worst exam paper ever :frown:((((((((((((((
Reply 2
Original post by rumanah1
Worst exam paper ever :frown:((((((((((((((

At least some people feel the same way?
it wasnt that bad it was hard and not hard but i missed like 2 questions. But dont worry last year 70% was an A so it must be less as it is a new spec
I found that pretty good, only had 5 minutes spare at the end so didn't manage to check back through most of the questions. There's a handful of questions that I'm not sure about but hopefully I'll only lose marks in the odd place, rather than getting an entire question wrong (which with biology is entirely possible).
Original post by Enderbat1999
it wasnt that bad it was hard and not hard but i missed like 2 questions. But dont worry last year 70% was an A so it must be less as it is a new spec

I hope it is less for an A. I didnt get the comprehension or the graph question and I probably make silly random mistakes on questions I could do.
Reply 6
The paper was like 90% Section 2 if you understood that you would have been fine.
Reply 7
Original post by Enderbat1999

Yeah I found some questions were hard and others easier.
Did anyone get confused by what question 9 was asking for? :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending