Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I know there's no A's in that, but do I stand a good chance of being predicted 3 B's with those if they're solid C's?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Depends on what your teachers view. If they're high C's and your teachers believe that you can achieve B's then they can choose to give you a higher predicted grade.

ReputationRep:
    yeah usually predictions are one above your actual grade
    so if you get BCC
    you should be predicted ABB
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by z33)
    yeah usually predictions are one above your actual grade
    so if you get BCC
    you should be predicted ABB
    That sounds like that's what your college does. It's what teachers think you can achieve.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm sure you could be predicted ABB with those grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    That sounds like that's what your college does. It's what teachers think you can achieve.
    Yeah I think that's what they do, and I'm hard working always give in my homework etc, so I hope so

ReputationRep:
    Nope I thought that was the general thing
    my college are *******s and predicted me BBB when i got BBC at AS :cry2: even tho i was getting As in mocks T_T
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by z33)
    my college are *******s and predicted me BBB when i got BBC at AS :cry2: even tho i was getting As in mocks T_T
    That agrees with what I'm saying except for the part about it being specific to your college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    my college are *******s and icted me BBB when i got BBC at AS :cry2: even tho i was getting As in mocks T_T
    Did you not ask them to predict you a grade higher? That's what I'm going to do anyway, and if they refuse I'll just get my parents to write a letter, because none of my AS levels count towards the actual a level ( they're linear now) so I think it's perfectly reasonable to predict me one grade above, like yeah fair enough 2 above is unreasonable but I know myself and I can defo go up 1 grade in a year

ReputationRep:
    Depends on what your teachers view. If they're high C's and your teachers believe that you can achieve B's then they can choose to give you a higher predicted grade.
    fair enough, but my AS grades don't count towards the real 'A level' as they're now linear, so regardless of whether it's a low or high C it won't affect next years grade, so is it reasonable that I ask anyway to be predicted above that grade because I'm sure anyone can go 1 grade above with hard work, e.g at my college when we got our mocks results, all or teachers said that the expectation was that we went up one grade and that was only within 3 months if we worked hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ambermariemorgan)
    Did you not ask them to predict you a grade higher? That's what I'm going to do anyway, and if they refuse I'll just get my parents to write a letter, because none of my AS levels count towards the actual a level ( they're linear now) so I think it's perfectly reasonable to predict me one grade above, like yeah fair enough 2 above is unreasonable but I know myself and I can defo go up 1 grade in a year
    i did they refused obv - so I didn't apply to uni and am taking a gap yearrrrrrr
    but still try!
    good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Take a gap year and apply to university with your actual achieved A2 grades, then you won't have to worry about putting in your predicted grades (whether they be low or high) onto UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    i did they refused obv - so I didn't apply to uni and am taking a gap yearrrrrrr
    but still try!
    good luck!
    That's so unfair!! Yeah idk my college is pretty lenient I'm just gonna suck up to all my teachers after half term so they know how hard working I am

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.