Exams are going terribly :(

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    Last week was fine but this week has been absolutely awful. I completely messed up English lit and I think I'll be lucky if I end up with a C tbh, geography was alright but I made so many stupid mistakes, biology again was terrible and I just had maths and I doubt I've passed that too I've got English lit tomorrow and I'm just so not ready for it. I'm just losing the motivation to do any revision now because it seems like no matter how much I do, when I get in to the exam I panic and I just don't know what to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luciie)
    Last week was fine but this week has been absolutely awful. I completely messed up English lit and I think I'll be lucky if I end up with a C tbh, geography was alright but I made so many stupid mistakes, biology again was terrible and I just had maths and I doubt I've passed that too I've got English lit tomorrow and I'm just so not ready for it. I'm just losing the motivation to do any revision now because it seems like no matter how much I do, when I get in to the exam I panic and I just don't know what to do
    Bless you! I'm sure you haven't done nearly as badly as you think you have. Even if you have, don't give up yet, you've got only one exam left this term, and then a half term to revise and prepare yourself. Relax during the half term, revise, and don't stress too much about the ones you've done. Does no good to dwell on the past. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    At a time like this many of us tend to make our situation worse instead of helping ourselves.
    I know, and believe me when I say that; I know from your perspective you are unable to find a solution to calm down, nor miraculously do perfectly; however, you should be aware that regardless of how you react emotionally, the results will be the same (in fact, you are more likely to do badly if you're not aiming high.)

With all that being said, make yourself a drink that you enjoy, relax, and prioritise your exams.
    When it comes to GCSEs, you need to sleep more than you study. Meaning that before any exam sleep for at least 9 hours, and if you can't study, then don't; however, make sure to sleep.

Also, eat a banana before your exam as it will provide the needed sugar (glucose).

ReputationRep:
    Im in the same boat but remember strippers make 8,000 a week and if u got a hot bod then u will b ok dw my dear

ReputationRep:
    Most people do worse in the exam then they did in their mocks, but that makes the grade boundaries a lot lower dw I remember before my chemistry exam, I was so stressed about it, I only got two hours of sleep, walked into the exam crapping myself, did the exam, walked out like 'omg I failed;;;;;;-;;;;;;' and everyone was like THAT WAS SO EASY! and I was like ;-; ...but then come results day and it ended up being my highest grade ._. my advice is, take an exam, move on, then don't stress out until results day :'D because I was incredibly surprised on results day tbh

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling the same. Bio went like crap. So did maths

ReputationRep:
    Trust me. If you know you've done the work then you'll get good results. I guess it's kind of a good thing you're worried because it shows you actually care but also a bad thing because it'll affect your self confidence. What's done is done.

There's no point giving up now because you have more exams. You'll only be more disappointed on the 25th of August when you regret not even trying. You need to carry yourself and work through it!

You know, last year I did core science. I did my Physics and I felt like it was the worse exam out of the three sciences. It was actually my highest. I got an A overall so I was pleased with that but the thing is I felt like it was the worst exam but it was actually my best!

ReputationRep:
    feeling the EXACT same as you to be honest.................i cried during my Science and maths and English lit exams this week :') luckily i covered it up and nobody knew phewww

Focus and try your best. Worry about the other stuff after the exams.

ReputationRep:
    i feel the same, especially after my god awful physics igcse exam but the only thing you can do really is relax and make sure you get a good nights sleep for your english exam tomorrow, try and go into the exam room with a clear head and think positively! hopefully your next exams go smoothly

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same situation :/ last week was amazing, then this week i think i failed my physics and got lit tomorrow which i am not ready for! keep going and enjoy your summer, there's not going back now :-) im sure they'll accept you wherever you go

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.