a question for those who know how to cook...

Watch
This discussion is closed.
endorf
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
greetings...

3 days ago i was lookin for sumthin to eat and found a tin of tuna in the cupboard so i jacked it open and ate it, and it tasted good. the next day is was very ill... (very ill), puked up loads. so i was wondering if you have to cook the tuna first or what ?? it tasted ok, and i thought sushi was raw fish so i assumed it would be ok.

can someone tell me also how i would go about cooking tuna if this is neccacery next time.

merci
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You don't have to cook it, are you sure it hadn't gone past it's use by date?
p8224
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
nope, canned tuna doesnt have to be cooked. maybe the seal was broken?
endorf
Rep:
?
(Original post by G4ry)
You don't have to cook it, are you sure it hadn't gone past it's use by date?
i dunno... i guess i was just looking for answers as to what made me so ill. it could be loads of things, maybe just a bug or something. damn, i was hoping you are meant to cook it, at least then i know what it was.
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by endorf)
i dunno... i guess i was just looking for answers as to what made me so ill. it could be loads of things, maybe just a bug or something. damn, i was hoping you are meant to cook it, at least then i know what it was.
youd only cook tuna if it was a steak but other wise no.......boys! :rolleyes:
endorf
Rep:
?
(Original post by trigger)
youd only cook tuna if it was a steak but other wise no.......boys! :rolleyes:
what the f*ck - im not domesticated !

is canned tuna already cooked then ??
Investmentboy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Tuna doesnt have to be cooked, tuna in a tin is cooked yet it can be eaten raw also. Must have been out of date
neha p
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Investmentboy)
Tuna doesnt have to be cooked, tuna in a tin is cooked yet it can be eaten raw also. Must have been out of date

lol, trust a guy not to look at the date!
you feeling better yet? xx
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 16 years ago
Is it true that hot dogs are already cooked and when you cook them it's only to warm them up? Not totally relevant but i was wondering.
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by tis_me_lord)
Is it true that hot dogs are already cooked and when you cook them it's only to warm them up? Not totally relevant but i was wondering.
yeah i think so its amazing whaty junk we will eat as the human race
Cate
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
greetings...

3 days ago i was lookin for sumthin to eat and found a tin of tuna in the cupboard so i jacked it open and ate it, and it tasted good. the next day is was very ill... (very ill), puked up loads. so i was wondering if you have to cook the tuna first or what ?? it tasted ok, and i thought sushi was raw fish so i assumed it would be ok.

can someone tell me also how i would go about cooking tuna if this is neccacery next time.

merci
Did you drain all the oil or whatever out first?
endorf
Rep:
?
(Original post by neha p)
lol, trust a guy not to look at the date!
you feeling better yet? xx
yeah im ok now - it was fked tho - i was puking up and i had nothing left to puke up. maybe it was out of date.... i will check next time.
endorf
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cate)
Did you drain all the oil or whatever out first?
i just ate it out the can, student style....
tis_me_lord
Report 16 years ago
Go and dig up the tin and see if it was out of date, i want to know as much as you do now.
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah im ok now - it was fked tho - i was puking up and i had nothing left to puke up. maybe it was out of date.... i will check next time.
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Investmentboy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
LOL, usually a good option
endorf
Rep:
?
(Original post by tis_me_lord)
Go and dig up the tin and see if it was out of date, i want to know as much as you do now.
i think its gone now.. and im not goin thru the bins, it is too degrading. but it did look quite and old tin, a bit rusty. but hey, i have learnt to check next time, so it is a worthwhile lesson.
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i think its gone now.. and im not goin thru the bins, it is too degrading. but it did look quite and old tin, a bit rusty. but hey, i have learnt to check next time, so it is a worthwhile lesson.
was the tuna an unhealthy green coulour?
endorf
Rep:
?
(Original post by trigger)
was the tuna an unhealthy green coulour?
just looked and tasted normal... thats why i didnt really have any quarms about eating it. how come you have to cook chicken, but not tuna then ??
tis_me_lord
Report 16 years ago
lol you're almost as bad as me, many a time i have made myself ill by eating expired products.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (32)
17.68%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (53)
29.28%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (96)
53.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed