Turn on thread page Beta

a question for those who know how to cook... watch

ReputationRep:
    greetings...

3 days ago i was lookin for sumthin to eat and found a tin of tuna in the cupboard so i jacked it open and ate it, and it tasted good. the next day is was very ill... (very ill), puked up loads. so i was wondering if you have to cook the tuna first or what ?? it tasted ok, and i thought sushi was raw fish so i assumed it would be ok.

can someone tell me also how i would go about cooking tuna if this is neccacery next time.

merci

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to cook it, are you sure it hadn't gone past it's use by date?

ReputationRep:
    nope, canned tuna doesnt have to be cooked. maybe the seal was broken?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    You don't have to cook it, are you sure it hadn't gone past it's use by date?
    i dunno... i guess i was just looking for answers as to what made me so ill. it could be loads of things, maybe just a bug or something. damn, i was hoping you are meant to cook it, at least then i know what it was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endorf)
    i dunno... i guess i was just looking for answers as to what made me so ill. it could be loads of things, maybe just a bug or something. damn, i was hoping you are meant to cook it, at least then i know what it was.
    youd only cook tuna if it was a steak but other wise no.......boys! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trigger)
    youd only cook tuna if it was a steak but other wise no.......boys! :rolleyes:
    what the f*ck - im not domesticated !

is canned tuna already cooked then ??

ReputationRep:
    Tuna doesnt have to be cooked, tuna in a tin is cooked yet it can be eaten raw also. Must have been out of date

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Investmentboy)
    Tuna doesnt have to be cooked, tuna in a tin is cooked yet it can be eaten raw also. Must have been out of date

lol, trust a guy not to look at the date!
    you feeling better yet? xx

Is it true that hot dogs are already cooked and when you cook them it's only to warm them up? Not totally relevant but i was wondering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Is it true that hot dogs are already cooked and when you cook them it's only to warm them up? Not totally relevant but i was wondering.
    yeah i think so its amazing whaty junk we will eat as the human race

ReputationRep:
    greetings...

3 days ago i was lookin for sumthin to eat and found a tin of tuna in the cupboard so i jacked it open and ate it, and it tasted good. the next day is was very ill... (very ill), puked up loads. so i was wondering if you have to cook the tuna first or what ?? it tasted ok, and i thought sushi was raw fish so i assumed it would be ok.

can someone tell me also how i would go about cooking tuna if this is neccacery next time.

merci
    Did you drain all the oil or whatever out first?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    lol, trust a guy not to look at the date!
    you feeling better yet? xx
    yeah im ok now - it was fked tho - i was puking up and i had nothing left to puke up. maybe it was out of date.... i will check next time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Did you drain all the oil or whatever out first?
    i just ate it out the can, student style....

Go and dig up the tin and see if it was out of date, i want to know as much as you do now.

ReputationRep:
    yeah im ok now - it was fked tho - i was puking up and i had nothing left to puke up. maybe it was out of date.... i will check next time.
    ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

ReputationRep:
    LOL, usually a good option

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Go and dig up the tin and see if it was out of date, i want to know as much as you do now.
    i think its gone now.. and im not goin thru the bins, it is too degrading. but it did look quite and old tin, a bit rusty. but hey, i have learnt to check next time, so it is a worthwhile lesson.

ReputationRep:
    i think its gone now.. and im not goin thru the bins, it is too degrading. but it did look quite and old tin, a bit rusty. but hey, i have learnt to check next time, so it is a worthwhile lesson.
    was the tuna an unhealthy green coulour?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trigger)
    was the tuna an unhealthy green coulour?
    just looked and tasted normal... thats why i didnt really have any quarms about eating it. how come you have to cook chicken, but not tuna then ??

lol you're almost as bad as me, many a time i have made myself ill by eating expired products.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.