The Student Room Group

Edexcel maths 2016 grade boundary predictions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lukey0071
Quite accurate because he compared to last year grade boundaries and this year was more easy than last year so the grade boundaries should be higher by 5 marks or less unless Edexcel could be horrible and make the grade boundaries even higher like 10 marks more.
So it's depends really.
But a lot of people tweeted about how hard the maths exam so this grade boundaries should be accurate in these circumstances.

Apparently last years was easier? Thats what teachers have said?
Original post by Theworriedbanana
Apparently last years was easier? Thats what teachers have said?

Note the grade boundaries for an A have been 2015=125,2014=133 and 2013=136.Any thoughts on this years A grade boundary mark im thinking 130/131 ?
Original post by Waveyalex
Note the grade boundaries for an A have been 2015=125,2014=133 and 2013=136.Any thoughts on this years A grade boundary mark im thinking 130/131 ?

Yes mate!! Well done.
I just compared to others grade boundaries in 2015,2014, 2013.
From c, always around 60-50 marks
B= always 90 to 100
A= 120-130 marks
A*= in fact, they are always 30 marks difference from A.

In these circumstances, we predicted that 131 marks is A so this means for A* should be at 161 marks or more.
Reply 183
grade boundary for a grade C?
Original post by agreedo
grade boundary for a grade C?

About 50 marks to 60 marks
In foundation paper, you need more marks than higher paper to get C so I heard that foundation paper I harder than higher which means the grade boundaries will be lower so in non cal, you need to get about 73 marks more and cal, you need about 76 marks. In overall, you need to 139 marks more to get C.

Funny that, if you compare to higher paper, you would already get A.

Thank you :-) Fingers crossed
Reply 186
My prediction for a C on Foundation papers (144)
Yes mate!! Well done.
I just compared to others grade boundaries in 2015,2014, 2013.
From c, always around 60-50 marks
B= always 90 to 100
A= 120-130 marks
A*= in fact, they are always 30 marks difference from A.

In these circumstances, we predicted that 131 marks is A so this means for A* should be at 161 marks or more.

Yh that calms me down alot lool cos i got like 134 marks in total and I wanna do A level maths next year wat a levels/btecs u planning to do ?
Original post by GKT
My prediction for a C on Foundation papers (144)

I think it's 137 as it has gone down by 2 for these few years. Since 139 was a C last year it could either go up by 2 or down
Reply 189
Original post by Frabaki
I think it's 137 as it has gone down by 2 for these few years. Since 139 was a C last year it could either go up by 2 or down

I would be overly excited if it went down, But people are saying it was easier than last years paper. I personally found it hard! Especially the calculator one and I left out a lot of questions as I run out of time. I hate myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by Waveyalex
Yh that calms me down alot lool cos i got like 134 marks in total and I wanna do A level maths next year wat a levels/btecs u planning to do ?

I got around 167 marks in both test and this calms me down completely because I wanted to get A* but let's see.
I wanted to do maths A level, Btec science, product design and I was thinking about doing further maths a level but let's see my result at 25th of August.
What about you?
For the non-calculator paper:

If I put1/4 x + y, instead of 5x + 20y, do you think I would get 1 out of 3 marks?

Also, for the tree diagram, I put my workings as 0.05 x 0.8 , but then put the answer as 0.4!! Would I get 1 out of 2 marks for showing the right workings?!

For the 100 - 25 Pi question, I did all the correct workings and got this answer. However, I stupidly cancelled down to 20 - 5 Pi !! Would I get 2 out of 3 marks?

Final question!! For the question where x= 2 and x=6, I did not understand it at all!! However, I managed to get x^2 to equal 4x^2 + 24x + 36, so would I get 1 out of 3 marks?!

CALCULATOR:

For the trial and improvement, I put 3.7. I worked out 3.7 and 3.8, and the difference from 36 (or whatever the number was.) Will this get 2 or 3 marks?

FINALLY, for the 1/ -3x+ 4 question, I got the answer wrong. However, as my workings , I put 3-x/ (3x+4) (x-3) . Would this get 1 out of 2 marks?

I am really worried about these!! Thank you!!!!
I got around 167 marks in both test and this calms me down completely because I wanted to get A* but let's see.
I wanted to do maths A level, Btec science, product design and I was thinking about doing further maths a level but let's see my result at 25th of August.
What about you?

Maths,government and politics and ict. U looking to do architecture/engineering?
Reply 193
What do you think 77/200 would be for GCSE Higher?
Reply 194
Original post by DOMAR34

Definitely a C
I think I got around 76 marks, would that secure my C as many people are speculating that the grade boundaries are going to increase.
Original post by DOMAR34

For both papers 77 is a grade C 😋👌
How can it be 80? It has never been over 65 marks (on the higher tier) so it's quite a margin. I know 80 is an assured C but i think it is a tad little high.
Original post by nottinghamlondon
Original post by JonnyArnold122

If that somehow is the case then ive failed for the secodb time FML! More stress more pressure.
Original post by lucygr8y
For the non-calculator paper:

If I put1/4 x + y, instead of 5x + 20y, do you think I would get 1 out of 3 marks?

Also, for the tree diagram, I put my workings as 0.05 x 0.8 , but then put the answer as 0.4!! Would I get 1 out of 2 marks for showing the right workings?!

For the 100 - 25 Pi question, I did all the correct workings and got this answer. However, I stupidly cancelled down to 20 - 5 Pi !! Would I get 2 out of 3 marks?

Final question!! For the question where x= 2 and x=6, I did not understand it at all!! However, I managed to get x^2 to equal 4x^2 + 24x + 36, so would I get 1 out of 3 marks?!

CALCULATOR:

For the trial and improvement, I put 3.7. I worked out 3.7 and 3.8, and the difference from 36 (or whatever the number was.) Will this get 2 or 3 marks?

FINALLY, for the 1/ -3x+ 4 question, I got the answer wrong. However, as my workings , I put 3-x/ (3x+4) (x-3) . Would this get 1 out of 2 marks?

I am really worried about these!! Thank you!!!!

1st one, no marks but if you show the equations like T = x + y, you would get a mark.
2nd, yes one mark
3rd, 2 marks for working out.
4th, one mark

Calculator

1st, 2 marks
2nd, yes you will get a mark for that.

Don't be worried, to be honest, these are hard questions, I didn't understand for first time so well done. No problem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending