Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got 66/100 in edexcel P3, and I don't think I answered that much of the paper! That gave me 469/600, just 11 damn marks off an A.

Will we be able to find out how much they scaled it by? How did everyone else do oin this paper?

(Original post by Dam)
    I got 66/100 in edexcel P3, and I don't think I answered that much of the paper! That gave me 469/600, just 11 damn marks off an A.

Will we be able to find out how much they scaled it by? How did everyone else do oin this paper?
    Half of the last question, Question 8, I did not answer due to lack of time, and also being uncertain about parts of Question 7, which was to do with deducing differential equations.

Shocked that I got 93/100.

As it seems, Edexcel did scale up the marks by a lot.

I think it was scaled a reasonable amount (it wasn't THAT hard - after looking back over it a few times). I got 90 in it -which was about what I expected. 100 in easiest P2 ever!!!! Biology BYB7 marks were terrible!!!! I got practically full marks on all the other modules, cept this one (105/120). Did anyone else get unexpectedly low results for BYB6/6/8?

ReputationRep:
    It restores a little faith in edexcell, but the exam should still never have been allowed to be that awkward. Anyone else wanna share their P3 results? Looks like we were worrying about nothing?

ReputationRep:
    What was so bad about Edexcel p3?

ReputationRep:
    im not sure how many marks i lost but i got 98 UMS. bizarelly i only got 87 for P1. D'oh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir I. Newton)
    What was so bad about Edexcel p3?
    Oh trust us, it was bad. I got 41/100, so passed by 1 mark. I managed to do worse in P2 though so it must have been scaled up.

ReputationRep:
    81/100 in P3 but messed up M2 (64/100) so only got a B overall in maths with (452/600)

got 88/100 in P3, and scored well in P2 and M2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    Oh trust us, it was bad. I got 41/100, so passed by 1 mark. I managed to do worse in P2 though so it must have been scaled up.
    When you say passed, I didn't think you had to 'pass' the papers, I thought you just had to get above 240/600 UMS in total for a result?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dam)
    When you say passed, I didn't think you had to 'pass' the papers, I thought you just had to get above 240/600 UMS in total for a result?
    A pass is getting an E or higher. So for that module(P3), chicken passed.

i got 66/100

my total was 419, 1 mark of a B, luckily my UNiversity recognised this and still et me in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    A pass is getting an E or higher. So for that module(P3), chicken passed.
    Yeah but you can get 0 in a module and still pass the a-level with an A if you get 100% in the other five.

(Original post by Dam)
    Yeah but you can get 0 in a module and still pass the a-level with an A if you get 100% in the other five.
    hehe, 98% actually :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    hehe, 98% actually :P
    hehe 96% actually!

(Original post by It'sPhil...)
    hehe 96% actually!
    oh yea,

Well ive got these results for maths

P1 - 98
    P2 - 98
    P3 - 98
    M1 - 97
    M2 - 90
    M3 - 100

581/600 so its an A

just a question, I actually did my Maths A level in Lower 6th (Yr 12), I also do Further maths. I figured that even if I "chopped off" M3 Id still end up with an A. Couldnt the M3 be used as a module in Further maths?

(Original post by Mathematix)
    I figured that even if I "chopped off" M3 Id still end up with an A. Couldnt the M3 be used as a module in Further maths?
    No you can't simply "chop" it off because it is required that there must be 6 units for a legit A-level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathematix)
    Well ive got these results for maths

P1 - 98
    P2 - 98
    P3 - 98
    M1 - 97
    M2 - 90
    M3 - 100

581/600 so its an A

just a question, I actually did my Maths A level in Lower 6th (Yr 12), I also do Further maths. I figured that even if I "chopped off" M3 Id still end up with an A. Couldnt the M3 be used as a module in Further maths?

Now there is a high score, well done dude. I think I will make that my target next year. I did similar in P1, P2, M1. I too was hoping to have a spare module. If you hadn't cashed already you could swop them about. But I guess you'll have no trouble with Further Maths anyway.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    For some reason I did well on the A2 units and badly on the AS units (i took them all this year). I got 100 for M1, M2, P2. 98 for P3. But then 87 and 86 for P1 and S1 respectively. I cant beleive it! I guess i must have just rushed through these and not bothered to check cos i found them easy

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.