Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    May be considering applying, obviously you shouldn't go to a uni just for nightlife but it would just be good to know what nightlife is like in the City, and how far is the uni from the city? I've searched 'nightlife in Oxford' on the Internet and from what came up,it all looks a bit 'Middle Agey' rather than 18-21 year old stuff

ReputationRep:
    420 alldayeveryday
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The uni is the city, pretty much. Look up Oxford on Google maps. All of the colleges and departments labeled are the university.

The night life is very 18-21 centric. I much preferred it to where I was before (London) where most clubs were full of 30 somethings and gangsta boys. Oxford student nights are all oxford students which is great (not to mention substantially cheaper).

ReputationRep:
    My sister doesn't like the nightlife very much so her and her mates either went to London for clubbing or had house parties.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    My sister doesn't like the nightlife very much so her and her mates either went to London for clubbing or had house parties.
    What does your sister study at Oxford?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zXcodeXz)
    What does your sister study at Oxford?
    Languages. Why?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Languages. Why?
    Just asking, are you hoping to study there?

ReputationRep:
    Just asking, are you hoping to study there?
    Oh God no! The city is beautiful in a very dreamy sort of way but I can't see myself there so I'm off to uni somewhere else next year And my grades in comparison to my sister's are abysmal :' )

ReputationRep:
    Atttiiiccccc

ReputationRep:
    I found the city extremely boring when I went. It was beautiful but very boring. You'll obviously have stuff to do everywhere, but given tin academic standards and the city itself it doesn't look very promising...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Oh God no! The city is beautiful in a very dreamy sort of way but I can't see myself there so I'm off to uni somewhere else next year And my grades in comparison to my sister's are abysmal :' )
    They can't have been that bad

ReputationRep:
    They can't have been that bad
    My sister got straight A*s in GCSEs and I got As and Bs.

Anyway I doubt I'm going to apply for Oxford so

ReputationRep:
    Had one of the best pub crawls in Oxford back in my Rowing days. A good night out is always down to the people you're with, not where you go. Having said that, haven't heard great things about the nightlife.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    My sister got straight A*s in GCSEs and I got As and Bs.

Anyway I doubt I'm going to apply for Oxford so
    Fair enough but in 2016 I'd be so lucky to get A's and B's

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.