Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Petition to lower gcse maths edexcel grade boundaries 2016 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok never mind,
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    They move anyway to give certain proportions of candidates each grade. You're a retard if you think a petition will do anything meaningful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sumayyah K)
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/l...s-edexcel-2016

Press the link and sign please to help petition to lower the grade boundaries if you found the paper hard. Thanks!
    Don't waste your time - grade boundaries aren't even set yet!

ReputationRep:
    Why would they lower the grade boundaries because of this? They decide the grade boundaries on the percentage of students that get a certain mark. For example, the top 10% get A*

ReputationRep:
    No. Seriously stop this now. You can just start up petitions because YOU found the exam hard. There will always be a range of different views on any exam. Last year it was plausible, but not this time. The exam was do-able

ReputationRep:
    The grade boundaries will reflect the difficulty of the paper. The same proportion of people will achieve a grade A as any other paper.

Making a petition is pointless and they are always ignored.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an_atheist)
    They move anyway to give certain proportions of candidates each grade. You're a retard if you think a petition will do anything meaningful
    so they aren't allowed/very unlikely to give, say, 45% of candidates A*-A grades even if they are worthy? Never known if this was just a myth or if they are really only allowed to give out a certain number of grades so mark some papers harshly.
    Wait, but aren't they more likely to give out more A*-A grades if they want to make it seem like our country is doing better academically

ReputationRep:
    I looked at the paper and it was easier then last year. If everyone found an exam easy it isn't doing its job.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishandrice)
    No. Seriously stop this now. You can just start up petitions because YOU found the exam hard. There will always be a range of different views on any exam. Last year it was plausible, but not this time. The exam was do-able
    Last year it wasn't plausible, everything was within syllabus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Last year it wasn't plausible, everything was within syllabus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Comparing it to the past papers students had revised from, some questions were a little bit unexpected, although I don't think it was too bad (or worthy of the label "A-level maths questions")

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishandrice)
    Comparing it to the past papers students had revised from, some questions were a little bit unexpected, although I don't think it was too bad (or worthy of the label "A-level maths questions"
    I don't know if i'm crazy or what but i found i absolutely fine! Apart from that probability question but then i always find that difficult so...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.