Anyone else upset/disappointed with their attempts at their exams so far?

Watch
theguywhosaidhi
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I feel as if I could have done a lot better, many stupid mistakes in all papers - really frustrating. For me, especially in Maths Core 2 (good bye chance at an A). Good luck with the rest of your exams, and I guess I'll just have to try harder next year ugh...

also, irrelevant question but..... how do you revise for general studies? I got a D in my mock and my school forced the exam on me, lmao. I didn't even get the paper back to see where I did well/poor so any general advice would be appreciated. have a good evening guys =]
Claudious
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
RIP
Milzime
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by theguywhosaidhi)
Hi,
hehe
theguywhosaidhi
Rep:
?
(Original post by Milzime)
hehe
nailed it
tajtsracc
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What do you think you got for your maths papers? Can't your module paper help?
niv1234
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am hoping the grade boundaries are low for pretty much every GCSE I have done so far
brbrbrh
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I can't get over how **** edexcel physics was for me. I think I got a D, and I studied to get an A. This new spec is impossible in comparison to the old one. I don't understand how people can cope with it when there is so little guidance.

Maths was pretty disappointing as well. C1 was okay. Could've gotten a high mark in C2 but I made such a dumb mistake at the last question.
These exams have destroyed me emotionally.
theguywhosaidhi
Rep:
?
(Original post by tajtsracc)
How do you think you did on both Maths papers so far? Can't your module paper help?
I think core 1 is the only one that went well; core 2 was a disaster. I could probably pull it up with a decent grade in decision 1, your right lots of time to revise for that, maybe maths isn't that messed up after all.
Xepz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah same, I've made some incredibly stupid mistakes in some exams losing unnecessary marks
theguywhosaidhi
Rep:
?
(Original post by brbrbrh)
I can't get over how **** edexcel physics was for me. I think I got a D, and I studied to get an A. This new spec is impossible in comparison to the old one. I don't understand how people can cope with it when there is so little guidance.

Maths was pretty disappointing as well. C1 was okay. Could've gotten a high mark in C2 but I made such a dumb mistake at the last question.
These exams have destroyed me emotionally.
I totally get your feeling, physics was a nightmare for me too (AQA). Chemistry tomorrow is going to be interesting, was getting B's all year then I did the specimen papers and I got an E/D. Good luck for the rest of your exams !
tajtsracc
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think core 1 is the only one that went well; core 2 was a disaster. I could probably pull it up with a decent grade in decision 1, your right lots of time to revise for that, maybe maths isn't that messed up after all.
I'm doing D1. God I hate it lol. But luckily I have 2 two whole weeks to revise just that and no other exam. I probably need around 65/75 for a safe A overall.
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm a uni student, and I have been disappointed by a few exams to be honest (and am genuinely facing the prospect of a resit in summer) but the one thing I never did was to let them affect how I study the days after the exam (the days of the exams that didn't go well, I got pizza or Ben and Jerry's and did a bit of comfort eating) and now that all my exams are over, it's not something I'm worrying about. So.. lessons to be learnt there
theguywhosaidhi
Rep:
?
I'm doing D1. God I hate it lol. But luckily I have 2 two whole weeks to revise just that and no other exam. I probably need around 65/75 for a safe A overall.
Me too, if you mess up on part i) of a question, the rest of the parts that follow are pretty much screwed

I have a week after my 2nd last exam (chemistry paper 2) to revise for D1, which I think should be enough to cover each topic again. Good luck man!
tajtsracc
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Me too, if you mess up on part i) of a question, the rest of the parts that follow are pretty much screwed

I have a week after my 2nd last exam (chemistry paper 2) to revise for D1, which I think should be enough to cover each topic again. Good luck man!
Is chemistry paper 2 your second-to-last paper? If so you should have two weeks to revise also. Chemistry June 10, D1 June 24.
theguywhosaidhi
Rep:
?
Is chemistry paper 2 your second-to-last paper? If so you should have two weeks to revise also. Chemistry June 10, D1 June 24.
I have Chemistry 2 on June 10, then Decision 1 on the 17th! Do you do Edexcel maths?
Asolare
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
Really disappointed with my German; it was just the essay section. The questions were horrible for me and I could have written a much, muchhhh better essay had some better topics come up.

Gonna cost me a lot of marks and ultimately cost me the A grade I imagine.
nomnomnomm
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i'm actually happy with my exams i crammed so much but ultimately i finished on time & i do think i wrote enough for most of them
just the latin lit im worried about completely messed up a ten marker, im gonna die
brainzistheword
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm gutted at mine so far, except the maths although stupid mistakes knocked me back a few marks - hopefully I won't make the same mistakes
username2324315
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I keep thinking I have, but I don't think I could ever finish an exam without being aware that I've made a few mistakes. It's more or less impossible for me to get every single thing right.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.1%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.03%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed