x Turn on thread page Beta

got my braces off but... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    ermmmmm ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imperial_baby)
    FINALLY got my braces off but my dentist has given me these plastic things i need to wear all day and night for a week and then every night for 3 months...did anyone else have them?? like is it necessary 2 wear them cuz they're so f*cking uncomfortable and the bottom one is digging into my tongue n i can't be assed to go and get them adjusted...n not forgetting i spit everytime i talk...therefore i havne't actually been wearing them out of the house..i don't even think i should have to wear them anyways cuz my teeth were fine before he just put a brace on to pull one of my teeth (which was stuck in my gum down)...anyways any advice would be gr8..u'd think an 18 yr old would be passed all these problems wouldn't u? OMG for all da girls out there lancome has this new lip gloss out which is cheek gloss aswell and it's soooooooooooo cute!! anyways try n get one cuz they are so cool...n if u want to get a juicy tubes get either 17 or 19 or 34 cuz they are the sexiest colours! btw i DON'T recommend their new mascara...it makes ur lashes stick together and it's really sticky..magnificils is the best one...the new estee lauder one which is actually quite old now is crappy 2.
    A retainer??

G

cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trigger)
    ermmmmm ok
    We were all newbies once uopn a time....

I'm not anymore though

G

ermmmmm ok
    LOL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    We were all newbies once uopn a time....

I'm not anymore though

G
    yeah yeah and im sure i was irritating back then to its the circle of life

ReputationRep:
    FINALLY got my braces off but my dentist has given me these plastic things i need to wear all day and night for a week and then every night for 3 months...did anyone else have them?? like is it necessary 2 wear them cuz they're so f*cking uncomfortable and the bottom one is digging into my tongue n i can't be assed to go and get them adjusted...n not forgetting i spit everytime i talk...therefore i havne't actually been wearing them out of the house..i don't even think i should have to wear them anyways cuz my teeth were fine before he just put a brace on to pull one of my teeth (which was stuck in my gum down)...anyways any advice would be gr8..u'd think an 18 yr old would be passed all these problems wouldn't u? OMG for all da girls out there lancome has this new lip gloss out which is cheek gloss aswell and it's soooooooooooo cute!! anyways try n get one cuz they are so cool...n if u want to get a juicy tubes get either 17 or 19 or 34 cuz they are the sexiest colours! btw i DON'T recommend their new mascara...it makes ur lashes stick together and it's really sticky..magnificils is the best one...the new estee lauder one which is actually quite old now is crappy 2.
    so can i put something in your mouth now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    ha ha ha

ReputationRep:
    oh dayazz omg i'm so sorry i forgot 2 reply 2 ur thing u sent me i'm so sorry i normally do this with phone calls i'll reply right now
    oh my god totally do that cha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    HAHAHA LOL

ReputationRep:
    yeah same here
    they are called retainer, advise u to wear it
    eventally u will get use to it, even if u are 18 ur cells is growing everyday, then will change the structure of the teeth, that mean u won't fit into the retainer anymore.
    i been naughty not to wear it for about 2 weeks and next thing i know i can't fit into them anymore, i went to dentist and they told me off,and my mum have to pay for a new pair.

ReputationRep:
    Yes retainers....the bane of my teenage years. I remember i wore it all the time for about 2 weeks, then just got bored of that and sort of "forgot" to wear them after eating. When i went back to the dentist after a month he said i could start wearing them at night only, but by that time, that's what i was doing...so i just skipped tyhat stage and moved onto every other night wearing. Then when he said i could do that, i just moved onto every third night, and so on...always staying ahead of the game. In the end they got sooo smelly (cos i never cleaned them properly) that i just threw them away.
    But i can assure you, THEY ARE ESSENTIAL. Due to my bad antics, my bottom front teeth have crossed over sluightly, and my left canine has pushed out slightly.....but they're still quite good (people still say what lovely straight teeth i have).....so if you really don't like them, put up with it for the next few weeks, then start being bad like me :P

ReputationRep:
    yeah yeah and im sure i was irritating back then to its the circle of life
    Lol...love the Lion King!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    u'll get used to your retainers...i only wore them to sleep which wasn't too bad coz u speak funny with them on!
    i like juicy tubes in 35 (i think)...its the peach one but it's a very nice pinky colour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    Yes retainers....the bane of my teenage years. I remember i wore it all the time for about 2 weeks, then just got bored of that and sort of "forgot" to wear them after eating. When i went back to the dentist after a month he said i could start wearing them at night only, but by that time, that's what i was doing...so i just skipped tyhat stage and moved onto every other night wearing. Then when he said i could do that, i just moved onto every third night, and so on...always staying ahead of the game. In the end they got sooo smelly (cos i never cleaned them properly) that i just threw them away.
    But i can assure you, THEY ARE ESSENTIAL. Due to my bad antics, my bottom front teeth have crossed over sluightly, and my left canine has pushed out slightly.....but they're still quite good (people still say what lovely straight teeth i have).....so if you really don't like them, put up with it for the next few weeks, then start being bad like me :P
    Hehehe..i'm so lucky...never had braces at all!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    yep, sounds like a retainer. i only got my brace off at 17.. & am still wearing a retainer every other night now at 19.

it's dfeinitely worth it though..otherwise your teeth won't stay straight & after all the pain you've probably been through, it's a small price to pay! & if you don't wear it for a few days it'll definitely feel "tighter" when you put it back in as your teeth will have moved..

I love my perfect teeth

ReputationRep:
    I didn't wear mine, couldn't be assed, and my teeth are fine

ReputationRep:
    i'd hate to feel the coldness of metal, it would be rather disconcerting

fortunate to have good teeth

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.