English Literature : Poems Anthology - Predicted Questions for Character and Voice?

Watch
OKPeaceHD
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Any predicitions for character and voice? Any poems i need to learn?
alice_taylor
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Give is likely, apparently. good luck
ericaosakwe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Give and The Ruined Maid has never come up before. It is possible that they could come up!
ValVettore
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ericaosakwe)
Give and The Ruined Maid has never come up before. It is possible that they could come up!
I will actually eat all of the pens in my pencil case if either of those jokes come up. I'm praying for the return of 'Ozymandias'.
MercrutioCaius
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Are they the only 2 that haven't. Also, can you give the names of the poems that can be compared with these 2.
OKPeaceHD
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
[QUOTE=ericaosakwe;65216459]Give and The Ruined Maid has never come up before. It is possible that they could come up![/QUOTE

What would be the theme to compare and hopefully its give , i have no clue on about ruined maid :X
ericaosakwe
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MercrutioCaius)
Are they the only 2 that haven't. Also, can you give the names of the poems that can be compared with these 2.
Honestly have no idea, I'm sitting the paper tomorrow too. But you can use BBC Bitesize as a way to revise these two poems. It really helps
ericaosakwe
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=OKPeaceHD;65219035]
Give and The Ruined Maid has never come up before. It is possible that they could come up![/QUOTE

What would be the theme to compare and hopefully its give , i have no clue on about ruined maid :X
Don't know honestly. Sitting the paper tomorrow too but I'm currently using BBC Bitesize to revise. They have great interpretations of the poems.
ericaosakwe
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ValVettore)
I will actually eat all of the pens in my pencil case if either of those jokes come up. I'm praying for the return of 'Ozymandias'.
Haha The ruined maid confuses me sometimes. But BBC Bitesize is really good with interpretations. Using it as I reply to this :P
ericaosakwe
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MercrutioCaius)
Oh and yes I believe they are the only two from Character and Voice that have never come up before
username2628955
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm a little suspicious though; if you watch how MrBruff on youtube predicted last years poems, he says that the examiners would never choose something so predictable. So i'm sort of wary that the examiners expect us to think it'll be Give or The Ruined main and then throw something completely different.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (93)
5%
Uncertainty around my education (281)
15.12%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (198)
10.65%
Lack of purpose or motivation (262)
14.09%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (82)
4.41%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (107)
5.76%
Loneliness (162)
8.71%
Financial worries (66)
3.55%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (81)
4.36%
Exposure to negative news/social media (88)
4.73%
Lack of real life entertainment (102)
5.49%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (163)
8.77%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (174)
9.36%

Watched Threads